“We had a great time at Red Cliff's!!!”
Review of Red Cliffs Lodge

Red Cliffs Lodge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Moab
A TripAdvisor Member
St Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 September 2005

My husband & I recently spent 7 night/8 days in early September 2005 at Red Cliff's Lodge in Moab, Utah as we celebrated our 25 th wedding anniversary. We had a most wonderful time! The accommodations were great and the location of the lodge was secluded. Our room was a King room with microwave & frig., slider to a patio that overlooked the Colorado River less than 100 ft away! We, shopped downtown Moab, found their brewery, hiked many of our days at Arches and Canyonlands, we golfed the Moab course which is ranked one of the top 10 courses in the state. We were able to fix our own meals in our room and eat outside on the patio sipping champagne or the lodge's very own Castle Creek Wine as we watched the stars come out. Red Cliff's also has their own dining room that is set up in amplitheater style so everyone dining has a unobstructed view of the colorado river and bluffs. An outstanding view at sunset !! They also have a wrap around deck that you may also choose to dine. We booked adventures/activities such as horseback riding and water rafting down the Colorado thru the lodge. We had great guides both times. We would highly recommend Red Cliff's Lodge for a great getaway, it's worth every penny!! Mark & Nancy

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (2,986)

Reviewed 21 September 2005

outside town, peaceful, beautiful, comfortable, great restaurant, spacious. Definitly nicer than downtown motel types. Beautiful drive out along Colorado river. Photographic first rate site.

4  Thank dchmd
A TripAdvisor Member
Vista Calif
Reviewed 2 September 2005

My sister and I booked a 3-day two-night trip thru an adventure center in Moab. I had emailed months ahead of time and requested a riverfront room, I offered to pay for an upgrade if need be. We received a confirmation back that we were booked in the requested room. When we arrived, they had bumped us to a creek side room and said nothing about it. Our voucher for the meals included still said a riverfront room on them. When I asked they basically told me that the package we were on did not entitle us to that room and that they guarantee nothing... No where on any paperwork or web site etc, is this stated. It was as if she made that up to cover their mistake. Somebody dropped the ball and did not make sure our request was carried forward on the room assignment. There was another family that was on the same trip we were on and they DID have a river front room, clearly her comment regarding not being "entitled" was inaccurate. Even when I attempted to explain how I contacted and received confirmation of the room requested they DID NOTHING. Wow!!! I could not believe that a supposedly 4 star hotel treated guests that way.
We ate dinner one night at the lodge and had people we had met that day show up from town to eat there. The couple asked to be set at one of the empty tables next to us and were told NO because they needed to spread out the customers so not to overwork the waiters,,,???? Again unbelievable the lack of customer service. We stayed at two other locations one in Moab and one in Lake Powell and have been contacted since our return to make sure we were happy with our stay. Not one word at all from Red Cliffs. They clearly do not care about repeat business, I sensed their attitude was they are busy enough that if you don’t like it go somewhere else.
I have sent a letter to the owner, I do not know if he wil be allowed to see it or not. we will wait and see.

Stayed: August 2005
23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 August 2005

I loved this place. They have a winery on the grounds which is what drew us in. We ended up having a fantastic dinner and staying the night. I would absolutly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2005