Visited Moab with my family for the first time and I had to leave a comment to warn others.
I was sold on this hotel due to the price along with the understanding that the hotel was recently renovated. BEWARE THAT THIS HOTEL IS STILL UNDER RENOVATION.
While there didn't seem to be construction going on while we were there, there's no way that they are finished. I'm not sure what the situation is but everything about the whole motel (it's not a hotel) is stuck in the middle of some kind of transformation that seems to lack an identity.
The lobby/entrance was incredibly hot and had what appeared to be painted plywood in the corner? We walked up to the desk and had to get the attention of the person sitting behind the front desk who seemed much more involved in her phone than checking us in.
When we got to the room, the bedroom was nicely decorated but there are some strange features in the room. The bed, linen, and floors were all great but the plastic green/blue fridge and microwave are just off, not to mention the weird little red tables and chairs. This is where the "renovation" ends. The bathrooms look as though they're 20+ years old and clearly weren't touched. The overall cleanliness of everything wasn't great either.
The ice machine was usually blocked with boxes or dirty linen.
The pool was great but definitely could use some work (still one of the only highlights)
Our only interaction with staff was during check-in and check-out. The check-in girl may as well have been a robot. The lady with curly hair at check-out seemed much more engaged but it didn't really seem like anyone at this place was in charge. Everyone was just kind of going through their routines.
I took a chance on this and wouldn't again. I've stayed at plenty of budget motels before and I understand the sentiment of getting what you paid for, but this isn't a cheap place to stay when you look at the other options and it certainly wasn't worth what I paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While staying at this Moab, UT hotel; guests will enjoy amenities and features like: Free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms Free local calls Outdoor heated pool with water slide and hot tub Free play arcade ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Expedition Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Landmark Hotel Moab
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Landmark Inn
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Landmark
- Rodeway Inn Moab
- Moab Rodeway Inn
- Expedition Lodge Moab, Utah