“Good Food at the Co-op”

Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Los Alamos Cooperative Market exists so that: 1. Its communities have conveniently located, welcoming, accessible places to buy a variety of foods and products including local, healthy and natural foods. 2. Our community has a thriving marketplace where people want to shop work and be; 3. Our member-owners' goal of increased environmental sustainability is achieved; 4. It provides quality employment opportunities in an enjoyable, stimulating, and cooperative environment; 5. Local producers have an expanding opportunity to sell their products.
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Great personal service with much of the food being prepared right there before you. Fare is healthier than most places. Prices reasonable to good. I eat there when shopping their store. Convenient.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I ate at the deli here twice on my trip to Los Alamos, as the co-op was next door to my hotel. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and the prices surprisingly low. I wish this was my home co-op.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here to get some coffee and something to eat. I have to say, of all of the co-ops and natural food stores I have been in in the Western US, this is about the best, by far.

The deli has several selections either from the hot bar or from the cold section. My partner had a pastrami sandwich and I had a green chili BBQ meatloaf wth roasted Brussels sprouts.

After we ate we perused the market and found their offerings to be fresh, attractively presented, and of a wide variety. Kind of made me wish we lived here so that we could shop there. Wonderful produce department!!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is my 'go-to' food and supplement shopping spot. I don't get overwhelmed by several choices of the same item, nor do I get sidetracked by 'extras' like clothing, toys, household items. There are a few, but they are in a little corner, not vying for my attention as I buy my Vitamin C. The co-op always seems to have just what I need, and easily found. The quality of the produce, dairy and meats (my food staples) is outstanding. I can just feel the vegetables sing with fresh when I walk in the door. They try so hard to accomodate everyones dietary desires in their deli selections. I feel good about anything I buy in this store. It's ethically sourced, much of it local, and made with clean ingredients. The store is always clean, the staff friendly and helpful. I love the fact I can grocery shop, and meet friends for a bite to eat, all using one parking spot. And knowing that I'm eating 'clean & organic' eating out is worth the short drive to me. The deli has some really delecious selections. (Should I admit to sometimes taking a photo of the list of ingredients and trying to duplicate at home?) I have been a fan of this store since it's inception and it never disappoints.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The Los Alamos Cooperative Market is open to all. It is owned and operated by people who care about people and community of Los Alamos. Whether you are shopping for something to cook at home or want to purchase something ready to eat, the Co-op is the place for you. They also have a glass recycling drop in their parking lot.