“Liked the Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were a little surprised to have to wait about 10 minutes for a table at lunch. We liked the menu and found it had plenty of choice. The food was good, we all liked the sweet potato and chili cheese fries. Service was friendly and efficient. It was good value for the price.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had the turkey burger and sweet potato fries. They were very good. My wife had the hippie, but she did not like the bean sprouts on it. Good service and within walking distance of the Bradbury.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I visited Dixie Girl on 9/20/2013 at 12:57PM. Not the best time to go. It took an hour to get our food delivered. Three rude females were at the table next to us laughing loudly. We asked to be moved but were told space was un available. We asked that the females be asked to quite down but the waitress refused. All the tables around the females were looking at them in disgust but they ignored the patrons. I spoke loud enough for them to hear me but was ignored. We took our food home to eat. We will not return to that restaurant, and will not recommend it to any of our friends.

Carl & Yolanda Brown
Santa Fe, NM

1  Thank Carl B
Reviewed 8 September 2013

If you want horrible service and average food, this is the perfect place for you!

I've been living in Los Alamos for over 10 years and my husband and I eat out at least once a week. We like to support local businesses and since we have a very limited selection of restaurants, we were excited when the Dixie Girl restaurant first opened.

I've been to the Dixie Girl several times (4-6) both with my husband and with colleagues from work. The food has always been OK and COLD, the service has mostly been average, however, all that changed on August 14, 2013, when the service from HELL emerged.

We had a summer student and a research scientist who were leaving on August 16 so my team and I decided to take them out to lunch on August 14. I made reservations for 8 people at 11:30 am, we decided to go early because we didn't want to bump into the lunch rush hour. Our server took our order by 11:45 and we had to remind her to bring some drinks for some of us but that's alright. 45 minutes later (12:30), we still had not gotten our food, we had to go back to work by 1:00 pm because we had some meetings so I asked our server. She apologized and said that they had had some issues in the kitchen but that our food was coming right out. We got our food around 12:40, and she said that due to the long wait, that they were going to apply a discount to our bills, which I thought it was reasonable. However, when she brought the checks, there was NO DISCOUNT, I inquired about it and she said that her manager hadn't done it and if I wanted to get a discount, that I needed to talk to the manager. I had a meeting to attend and I honestly didn't care about the discount too much, but I think this is clearly unacceptable.

I'm never going back. It's a shame that my options have been reduced. I always felt like their food was just OK so I don't mind not going back but the managers and servers both need to make sure that if the food takes more than 30 minutes to come out, that they reward the clients with something.

1  Thank Sara D
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Los Alamos
Dixie Girl Market, 1789 Central Avenue
Date inspected: July 24
Violations: Three high-risk violations. Walk-in freezer not working, hot water not working, some food needs to be thrown out. Three moderate-risk violations. Refrigerator has lots of water, missing filter at vent, scoop for ice bin lying around. One low-risk violation. Several flies in the kitchen area.
Status of Establishment: Approved. Follow up required on July 31.

1  Thank habhold