“Try the Chaco Filet!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Tried out the new Manhattan Project restaurant Friday night. It was busy, and we had to wait, but once seated all four of us read the menu and all decided to try the same thing....the Chaco Filet. All four of us ordered it prepared differently, from rare to well done, and all four of us were delighted with the results. This was one of the finest meals I have eaten in Los Alamos. Kudos to the new Manhattan Project Restaurant!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have frequented this establishment for 5 years. The "new" restaurant features drinks that seam poor or weak,the bartender was backed up without help and it wasn't busy. Dirty dishes from patrons long gone and the celery in our bloody Marys wilted and mushy..yuck. Service was slow but we had nowhere to go. We looked for a manager but couldnt spot one.,an owner???. An hour and a half in the establishment and no one looking for feedback or obviously in charge during a dinner rush...As 5 year residents of the town, we won't be back. Next?

1  Thank Business229
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have to agree with those who say the Dixie Girl was terrible. But since then a new owner has taken over, Victor Medina, has taken over and I look forward to the improvements I am hoping he will bring. It is now called The Manhattan Project, a name chosen by a poll of the locals.
I have had lunch there a few times at the very beginning after the management change. The service was quite good and Mr. Medina was there every time making sure everything moved smoothly. The food hasn't changed much that I can see. Lots of the food appears to be frozen and isn't all that great. But it takes a while to change everything and if anyone can do it the Medinas can.

1  Thank BettyLouAnn
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is one of the worst restaurants I have ever eaten in. The service was lackluster to say the least. My husband and I ordered burgers how can anyone screw that up? I told the waitress exactly what I wanted on the burger but when she brought the burger it was not right; I decided to pick off what I didn't want. I finally took a bite of my burger and the bottom of my bun was HARD like it had sat out all day long in the dry air of the southwest! When I told my husband he said his was the same way so we took the bottom buns off of our burgers. The fries were inedible so of course they were left uneaten. The waitress came back to our table when I flagged her down for the check, she looked at our uneaten food, and had the audacity to ask if we wanted dessert!!! When I complained I was told they were a local favorite and my complaint was dimissed. MY ADVICE: DON'T EAT AT THE DIXIE GIRL.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Friend at LANL recommened this place (used to be Central Avenue Grill) now owned by the folks who operated the Hill Diner. Found out they moved on and another person owns the place. Was seated by a blonde manager, who after waiting for a wait-staff, decided to take my order. When I asked what the soup of the day was, she gave me a blank look and told me she'll be back. At that time, another waiter came and proceeded to take my order. Food was delicious and served in a timely manner. I inquired about the blonde and was told she's the new manager and knows more than others. Sounds like a place for Gordon Ramsey to visit.

2  Thank George B