“Great Place to Eat”

Pajarito Mountain Cafe
Ranked #29 of 52 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We went up for lunch and had a great lunch I have never had a bad experience in fact I recently went to a wedding they catered and it was outstanding and beautiful! I go up at least once a week and have never left hungry and had a great meal! I can tell you I think that it is much better run now and better quality food than most of the other ski areas or restaurants in town. No they do not have pancakes but they have french toast and great breakfast burritos even plates with eggs, hash browns and toast, Also when I order my burgers I request how I like my burgers cooked and they are more than happy to cook it how I like Med/well I do find most restaurants these days cook around a medium so if you want well done just ask. I think they have done a lot of improvements in the last year or so and I feel that I no longer have to wait in the winter as long.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

I have eaten at Mountain Cafe for many years. I eat here at least 15 times during the ski season, and 10 or 12 times during the summer months. The burgers were very good when Geraldine was the manager here, a few years ago. Recently the quality has gone down. They no longer serve a real breakfast, as in eggs, pancakes, biscuits. The "breakfast bowl," with egg and potatoes thrown into a bowl, is quite forgettable. This is not a satisfying breakfast: no toast, no eggs to order, no pancakes, no french toast. Last week I ordered a chili cheese burger, and ate some of it because I was starved and the line for service was incredibly long. I made the mistake of eating it, then realized the meat was red inside. This is a big problem for me, as my immune system is highly supressed, and all food must be cooked. I probably won't eat here again. The last 5 times I ate here the food was very poor.

1  Thank horsey10
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We were here for our high school reunion and bought a green chile cheese burger for lunch. It was really yummy, juicy and delicious! Reminded us of wonderful lunches while skiing up here in the winter! Enjoyed the band that played outside while we ate!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Good food, fast cafeteria style, great views ANY time of the year, nice deck, lovely drive up there.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

Just a cafeteria-style limited selection snack and lunch place. Prices are of course high for what you get, which probably won't be much. It's not about fine dining, but just to be able to get something to eat after a ski or hike outing. It's more or less what you might expect but the view is really nice.