“Wish I could come back for more meals...on the SAME DAY!”
Review of El Parasol

El Parasol
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Was in town for a brief meeting. Had an unexpected period of time to fill. Realized I was hungry and decided on a egg, chorizo breakfast burrito with green chiles of course! Jesus that was good! I ordered a coffee and had a sip of the horchata. OMG! It was smooth and delightful. Decided to make a horchata latte! was fantastic. Now that I'm writing this review I'm actually starting to salivate! What is wrong with me? The density of the burrito was perfect, great distribution throughout the shell. Talk about perfectly done potatoes. Chorizo was flavorful and obvious. Not hidden. Plenty of "juice", i.e., it wasn't dry, so have a napkin near. I'd order this again in a heartbeat, but the specials looked even more insane! Next time...

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I'm from New Mexico and I've tried many green chile cheeseburgers. This place is not much on atmosphere or service (I got takeout), and they were hard to find, but their green chile cheeseburgers are completely worth it. The fries were also very good and they had bischochitos, which I love to see.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

Flavorless hamburger in a tough, greasy tortilla. I really tried to like it but it just wasn't good.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Has a good location and parking in front. It looks like a cheap diner/fast food place. Food and service was fine, portion was big. Got my mexican food experience.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

Nothing fancy but authentic taco/diner with cafeteria style seating, paper plates - a place the locals seem to go. The chicken tacos are terrific. Dinner was quiet but lunch was packed, people lined up out the door - although service was quick, about 10 minutes to be served.