“One of the only places in Los Alamos for Gluten Free food”
Review of Blue Window

Blue Window
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Yep, you read that right! Living in Los Alamos, a highly affluent and educated community doesn't fare well for the Celiac. There are just a few places in this town where one can get a gluten free safe meal and this is one of them. Not only does Blue Window offer a few entrees including burgers with gluten free buns, but the staff knows when a sauce is not gluten free and will let you know before you find out the wrong way.
My favorite thing to eat here is the lunch Shrimp tacos. I've also had a delicious chicken sandwich on a gluten free bun and a plate of their enchiladas. In the evening my favorite dish is the salmon.
The staff here is great. Really nice people. There is a sense of humor running through the staff that I appreciate. The management must be great if their workers are comfortable telling a joke now and then.
I am giving the restaurant 4 stars instead of 5 because my husband has ordered several dishes that he wasn't impressed with. The pork sandwich was very dry as well as the beef sandwich. Now he basically just orders the salads when we go. While he said the Fish and Chips were good, it didn't make him feel good to eat it.
I'm thankful for this place - without it Los Alamos would be seriously hitting the hum drum snooze button.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to the new location and we like the new place. Glad we got there early because it filled up quickly. We savored our three choices and u really enjoyed the lamb sandwich. The service was good and attentive. Great lunch h and we will be va k!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Good Food & Great Location. I have been for lunch & dinner several times and have enjoyed all of the items I have ordered. This is a new location for this business and they have made the best of the space. Great Bar!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I really enjoy the Blue Window. I work down the street and typically get take out and it is fabulous every time. However when I have actually eaten in the restaurant I am very happy with the quality of the food, the service is excellent and the atmosphere is very enjoyably. This is a locally owned restaurant that uses local ingredients in their dishes when they can. Because this is the best place in town, you should make a reservation. Without one you can still get seated but, be prepared to wait. I only wish that they were open for lunch on Saturday. I usually work and crave their fabulous Cobb Salad. There is something for everyone at the Blue Window. They serve everything from salad to steak fish and pasta. There is also a full service bar. Located right on Central Ave. They are only open for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were in Los Alamos for to help relocate a family member and ate at most of the restaurants while we were there. The Blue Window is probably one of the best choices. The food was great and the service was friendly and prompt. I had the eggplant parmesan stack and it was delicious. My husband had the pork tenderloin and he really likes it. Son had a burger and it was very good. Nice atmosphere, nice selection of wines and beer. Didn't get to try their desserts, but we heard they're good. We will go back next time we're in town.