Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews have stayed here many times aurora alaska wifi hospital renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2020

i have verizon and brought my laptop but there was no way to access internet. My phone showed wifi available but they said noone had the password. My brother had surgery while i stayed and there was no way for me to check texts, voivemail or email.
There were only a few people at the hotel, most were patients at the hospital. I was not a patient myself...this was during the covid times.
I was hoping to be able to look out on a clear cold night to see the stars or the aurora but they have a number of very bright lights every few feet, bright enough that I could read without turning any lights on and no chance of seeing a dark sky. The photos were taken from my window in the middle of the night.
The room is spacious and clean

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank drKimSchilling
Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

The new renovation is mostly complete now and it is really nice. New modern updates to the whole hotel. Very nice staff and clean rooms. I have stayed here many times over the last 15 years and now it feels very modern snd updated.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank S4433WSjimb
Reviewed 13 September 2019

Property was in the process of a major renovation made even more challenging for the staff and workers due to weather and location. Staff was helpful and courteous and arranged for car rental as well as taxi back to the airport. Our room had been updated and had everything you would expect in medium priced property in lower forty eight states.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank G B
Reviewed 11 September 2019

Stayed at this hotel for business in September 2019. The entire hotel is being renovated, though the available rooms remain in desperate need of a remodel. There were numerous detours present and the contractors were not exactly polite to the hotel guests. Some of the staff in the hotel, particularly in the evenings were very pleasant. Others were very surly and unhelpful. The first night, I stayed in a room without a functioning radiator. Although the temperatures were above freezing, the room got pretty cold and uncomfortable. I was fortunate in that the second night I stayed, I was given a room with a radiator. There is available wifi, but you pay based on the amount of data you use and it is very expensive. The wifi is very slow despite the high price. There were coffee makers in the rooms but only decaf coffee. I requested regular coffee and was told they were "out." The price of a basic room was way too expensive based on quality and experience, it was $225 per night with tax exemption in the shoulder season. This was higher than the $185 a night on the initial invoice, we had to contact the office to get the over-charge refunded. I guess I should look on the bright side...there was hot water in the shower.. Based on the appearance of the town, I suspect other lodging in Nome is much worse. Perhaps after the renovation is completed the hotel will be a better experience and if I stay in the future I could give a better review.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank jpolchin
Reviewed 18 August 2019

This is a very tired hotel. Carpet pretty worn. Sinks in bathroom chipped, toilet seat damaged. We were there in early July - it was hot, and the hotel had no A/C, and nothing resembling a fan that could move any air.

Staff is friendly, which is the high point. And it is in Nome, where there is presumably not too much choice. But I wouldn't stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2019