Lowest prices for your stay
US$187
GardenInn.com
US$187
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$185
PricelineUS$187
Agoda.comUS$187
ZenHotels.comUS$193
All reviews rooftop bar great location complimentary shuttle the shuttle driver within walking distance beautiful hotel corner room would definitely stay here again great stay front desk staff restaurants and shops clean hotel fire pit hgi downtown lobby sirens
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

This hotel is clean and nice. It is a bit of a walk to the breweries touristy areas from this property it was located in more of the financial district. They did provide a shuttle which was very convenient. You must pay to park here but the cost was not too bad compared to other pay lots I have used. I do wish Garden Inns included even a small continental breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2021
Micaiah Liner, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2021

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the great review! We always appreciate hearing from satisfied guests. I am glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

If you have any additional thoughts or comments regarding your time with us, we would love to hear them.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Asheville Downtown. We will look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 August 2021

My wife and I found this to be a great location as it was easy walking distance to the many shops and restaurants within the downtown location. All the hotel staff were helpful and friendly and a special thanks to Micaiah Liner who provided exceptional service. Our room was typical size with a king bed and the décor was a bit dated but functional. Why I gave it 4 stars was due to the shower area having mold and the entry wall area was dirty and noticeable, in addition the air unit in our room had a continuous rattling sound. Otherwise the room was clean and quiet and we would likely stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2021

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the review. We always appreciate hearing from recent guests. And thank you for the shout-out!

I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. I am, however, sorry to learn that there were cleanliness issues. Based on your feedback, this is certainly something that falls far short of the high standard we have for our guest rooms. I do appreciate your honest input. This gives us the opportunity to address this going forward, which we will do. Thanks again for staying with us. I do hope we will get another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Let me start off by saying we are Hilton Silver members and loyal to the Hilton chain.
I had upgraded to this "corner mountain view" suite (sort of) for our anniversary visit. We have stayed at this hotel before and loved it. The location is great if you want to walk and enjoy the downtown area. We stayed in a regular room on our previous visit and probably should have gone with that type of room again and saved the money. Parking $10 a day, in and out, it's great.
But the room? I'm going to just list bullet statements, maybe with a comment, and attach some pictures. The comments are in no particular order.

* When we first went into the room, I thought we had a nice size computer monitor in the room, then I realized it was the room TV. Don’t plan to watch from bed.
* No plastic sanitized wrap on TV remote (we had stayed at a Black Mountain Hampton Inn the night before checking in here, and theirs was wrapped). Also, the Hampton was great!
* No cloth towel or paper towels for small kitchenette area.
* Kitchenette area table nice, however, only 2 chairs for table for 4.
* No plastic bags in garbage cans.
* No cups in room, anywhere! +
* No hand creams, +
* Half a roll of TP. Desk sent this and the above items indicated by + up.
* No desk lamp. Desk has hole for lamp cord
* The room is very dark.
* Dried chocolate cake crumbs all over couch. I thought it was Brownie but my wife wouldn't let me taste it.
* While I'm in the area, rug FILTHY under couch. We left it there.
* Shower head dangling out of tile hole in wall.
* Please see bathroom vanity pictures.
* Good luck figuring out maid service. Front desk tells you something different than maid staff. Try to find that piece of paper they all talk about!
* Rug frayed, immediately at entry point.
* Room poorly decorated.
* No table on one side of couch.
* No table by lonely placed chair (Queen Anne?), but it did have the only other lamp lamp.
* One side of bed had a reading lamp, no table lamp.
* Bring power strip or extension cord with you, you’ll need it.

Felt like the room was just a hodge-podge of other rooms furnishing.

Also, just a side note, rooftop bar is closed every Sunday and Monday. We did get up there one night and here's a tip, wear sneakers so you can jog to keep up with the young hostess as she charges to a table across the room, to toss your menus down, and leave, never saying a WORD to us. Sort of opposite of the definition of hostess. She did say thanks upon our departure. Our waitress, Lisa, was very nice. Also, we would not eat there again (nothing to do with Lisa). Too long to explain.

I think we'll try the Kimpton downtown next time, we actually could have stayed there for a little cheaper, but with parking added I am not sure of that.
Not worth the extra money. The place appears to already be ready for a facelift.

The front desk staff and employees we ran into on our 3 night stay were very nice. A special "great job" to Victoria in the Pillar Restaurant, downstairs. She was our server for breakfast and her bubbly, friendly, attitude is contagious. She definitely has growth potential with the Hilton chain.

Room tip: Stay away from suites.
Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank USAF20YR

Hello,

Thank you so much for leaving this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your honesty and the detail with which you wrote is greatly appreciated. I am very sorry to learn that your stay was unpleasant and that we failed to exceed your expectations. Based on your feedback, I can absolutely understand why you were dissatisfied. I will say that this kind of guest experience is surprising and extremely uncommon; however, it clearly falls short of the high standard we hold ourselves to. I do appreciate you giving Mrs. Victoria a shout-out. She is such an asset to our team and brightens the day for everyone here.

Again, I am truly grateful for your honest review. Your observations will help us improve as we strive to offer the very best hospitality experience possible.

Reviewed 1 August 2021

I stay 60 plus’s nights a year and this was my worst experience since the start of the pandemic. Dirty hallways full of trash. Rooms not vacuumed. Caulking laying on rhe floors pulled out of the tubs Mold in the showers Poor service due to lack of staff over priced.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank diclark2020
Chelsea Lewis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

I apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay, please let us know if there's anyway we can make this right! We always strive to give the best service possible and we apologize for not meeting that standard.

Reviewed 1 August 2021

All the staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. The location is fabulous. They have a shuttle on hand to the downtown restaurants and shops but it’s actually only a half mile walk. The room as well as the rest of the hotel is exceptional clean. We would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a glowing review. We always appreciate feedback, but especially from our loyal guests! I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed consistently great service at our property. It sounds like you have been able to enjoy all of the amenities we offer over the course of your visits. Thanks again for giving your recommendation!

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Until next time,