“The Best Apple Butter in Town”
Review of Moose Cafe

Moose Cafe
Ranked #125 of 849 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We are at the Moose twice in one day! We met friends there for breakfast and family for lunch! Being from out of town, we always go to the Moose when visiting Asheville. They let us linger and chat with friends and family. The food does not disappoint, and I always buy the apple butter to take home to Texas!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Great place for a home style meals. The biscuits are amazing and filling.

Tried the Trout and the Fried Chicken so far.

When you’re finished, head around the corner to the farmer’s market.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I love their chicken fried steak. The country breakfast is huge. The Apple spread is like a chunky applesauce spread. It is so good. I stop here whenever I can. Best time to come on Sunday is around 10:00. Definitely worth the stop.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The meal started with big biscuits with apple butter that are freshly made. We ordered Meatloaf and chicken salad sandwiches, they are huge, fresh & delicious! The price is very reasonable for the amount of food they gave you.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I only read about this place while I was thumbing thru a roadside dining guide at a bookstore in Asheville. The consensus from the group was to give it a try. It has a bit of a old store homey feel kind of like the Cracker Barrel chain. The portions are VERY generous - so come hungry. My husband had the meatloaf and is still raving about it. I had the chicken breast with gravy and would get it again. My niece had the chicken & dumplings and said they were very good. Though I think I will try the trout next time The cornbread is very good and moist (if you like sweet cornbread) Service was quick and friendly. The bill for the 4 of us (adults) was around $40.So you average around $10 a plate. And you have plenty left to carry out. I would certainly stop again.