“Enjoyable short trip”
Review of Brookstone Lodge

Brookstone Lodge
Ranked #38 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I drove up on Friday afternoon and spent the night at this facility prior to going to Biltmore House on Saturday. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This facility is adjacent to Interstate 40, but it is quiet and we had a great stay.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bwbutler
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

This hotel is new which is the only real positive that I saw. Walls are SO thin. We were awaken at 4 am by the front desk asking us to turn our tv off because others were complaining of the noise. Then we were awaken again at 6 am by people in the halls talking and kids running up and down the halls!! Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep!! The room size was ok but decor was not too great and seemed very dark and drab. It is also not within walking distance of anything!! Price was ok but would have certainly paid more for a better hotel. Will not be returning.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura L

We are sorry for the noisy weekend with the younger groups during your stay at the Lodge. We are taking corrective steps to keep our hotel quiet at night. We are very proud of the Brookstone Lodge and we appreciate your business. Review feedback is important to us, and we are always actively seeking ways to improve our products and services. Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Wife and I came to Asheville for our anniversary. We decided to stay at the Brookstone. Check-in went smooth, staff was ok, and our room was clean. That's probably all the nice things I can say about this place.

Now the bad.... There was a large church group staying there that decided at 12:00am to run up and down the halls, slam doors, play on the luggage carts and scream. They were told to be quite by a bystandard and I heard the kids call her a [--]. Well the slamming doors and everything lasted until around 1:30am. I was extremely frustrated about the hotel doing anything at all to solve this problem. About 2:00 in the morning our heater unit started to smell of a dense smoke and quit working. It was a smell like you would just cut the heat on for the first time for the year. But this smell never went away only seemed to get worse. At this point I had had about all I could take. If it wasn't 2:00am in the morning I would have checked out and into another hotel. I felt helpless! I went downstairs to talk to the staff and she put my wife and I in another room. So at 2:30am we change rooms. we get into our other room and yes it was clean but we could hear the people in the room next to us having a conversation. They were just talking with a normal voice!!! The walls here are absolutely terrible!! Paper thin! To describe how thin these walls were I was 4 floors up and could hear the kids talking with a normal voice in the parking lot. Between that and the road noise from cars passing I don't know how anyone could sleep in this hotel. I finally was able to get to sleep around 3:30am. Around 6:00am we heard the kids screaming, and running up and down the halls again. We got up and left this hotel to never return again! We were supposed to stay another night but I would never ever wish a stay like this on anyone. I went down and talked to the manager about the night I had and he sincerely apologized about it and comped our room for us. I wasn't expecting to be comped so this did make me feel better but for what my wife and I went through I think it was the least they could do.

I can't fault the hotel for the behavior of the kids. But they should have realized a group was staying there and blocked them together somewhere away from the other guest. Also should have had more staff than just one lady with a hotel this full to be able to help with the noisy guest.

I also took down the name of the church from there buses and sent them a message about how bad and out of control the children were. not sure if it did anything but it was worth a shot.

Luckily the trip wasn't completely ruined. we changed hotels to a place great place in Downtown Asheville and had a great time spending our days walking around and sightseeing. We were only just lacking sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hunter B

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very disappointed in the actions of the groups staying in the hotel. A considerable number of young people were at the Lodge for a ski getaway. We have a noise policy that we enforce and our number one priority is that you have a good clean, well-rested stay. We have taken corrective action and will add extra night supervision on the weekends. We will minimize the size of our groups on a given night and will enforce an early check out for unruly and noisy guests. We value guest feedback and we are thankful for your comments.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

When I made the reservation on the phone, the man I talked with, Roger, was very helpful and gave me an excellent rate. The room was very pretty and well kept. The bathroom was also very clean and stocked with shampoo, soap, and a hair dryer. The pool and hottub were clean and a good temperature. The breakfast is one of the best I have eaten at a motel with eggs, sausage, cerals, 4 different juices, waffles you can make yourself, gravy, and other breads and muffins. It is extremely easy to find off of Interstate 40. I would stay there again and tell my friends.

Room Tip: If you like swimming, I would stay on the first floor near the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank deborah s

Thank you for the review. We take pride in our business and yes, the rates, the value and our awesome free breakfast are just a few of the things we stand behind. We enjoyed the feedback and hope to see you again really soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I made reservations 2 months prior to our stay for two nights at BrookStone Lodge. I bought a Christmas package. I had asked the man I made reservations with to make it the best he possibly could. Because the person I had with me had not been to Ashville. So...when we went to our room, I was shocked. It was the smallest hotel room I've ever been in. One bed & a bathroom. Hardly room to turn around in. I didn't complain the first night, but the second day I went to the front desk and complained. He told me there was nothing he could do about it that he was full. This was the same man that made my reservations over the phone. I just want to let you know that you have lost two customers for the hotel.
The rest of the ammmenties were excellent. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Room Tip: Ask about the size of your room before you make the reservations.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sherry L
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

We are happy you came to stay with us. We are unhappy we didnt meet your expectations. Our Biltmore packages are often our best seller and we normally do not add the petite Queen single rooms to that package. However, as an off season special we thought we would offer bigger discounts on that particular room with the package. It is smaller, but we usually do not get complaints. As always, we will be happy to move you, no questions asked, unless we are at maximum capacity. Please call me direct, I would love to make it up to you!