“2012 ski trip”

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
“2012 ski trip”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at the beautiful Hotel Indigo on Valentine's day. It is located within walking distance of all the great shops in the downtown area. Really nice rooms, great shower, beautiful views, and very friendly staff. Parking and getting in and out me the hotel is a little tricky and a small car will bottom out when leaving.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Not a big-city four-star experience, but definitely a good choice. Everything was very clean and modern, with nice bathroom fixtures, Aveda products, plenty of accessible power outlets, and comfortable bedding. Some road noise if you're on the highway side of the hotel, but the location makes this spot easy to find and it's a very short walk to downtown shopping and restaurants. Free gated on-site parking.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel impressed me even before we arrived. I read some reviews on Trip Advisor that said to try and get a corner room due to the beautiful views. Since my wife and I were going to be checking in late, I emailed the hotel a few days before our arrival and asked if we could go ahead and reserve a corner room and they took care of it immediately. When we arrived they had us in a room on the 8th floor with wonderful views of the mountains and the city. All of the staff were very knowledgeable about the local area and pointed us in the direction of a couple of great restaurants and bars in the downtown area. Everything in downtown is within walking distance of the hotel and even late at night my wife and I felt comfortable and safe in the surrounding areas.

The room was beautiful and decorated with modern furnishings. The king bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is amazing, it was very large and the shower was enormous! My only suggestion is to have larger shower heads or multiple shower heads in a shower that large.

This was my first trip to Asheville and I will definitely be back, when I do come back I will not hesitate to stay at Hotel Indigo again.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms have to huge windows that offer wonderful views. They are first come first served but...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank One3eb
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Loved this perfectly located hotel. Modern decor, Aveda products and Keurig machine in room were great. Hotel staff is extremely helpful and knowledgable about local restaurants, bars and live music.

• Stayed February 2012
Rydal GA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I don't often get wowed. My wife and I walked to a concert downtown ( easy to walk the whole city) and by chance struck up a conversation with a concierge from our hotel who was going to the same concert on her day off. Through casual conversation she learned our first names and the fact it was our anniversary. By the time we got back to our room she had slipped out and had 2 iced down local brews, chocolate strawberries, and a 'happy 20th' note from the staff waiting for us. Remember, it was her day off......wow!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 for the corner room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple