“threading the needle”
Review of Needle's Eye

Needle's Eye
Ranked #135 of 201 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Chimney Rock State Park, the Needle's Eye consists of 176 steep wooden stairs that lead hikers through a skinny passageway between two huge boulders.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

the needles eye is quite narrow and rather claustrophobic but in a fun way; just make your way through it and go on; not a place you want to spend a lot of time.

1  Thank K Michael H

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Chimney Rock State Park has a lot of internal attractions but this one is the best!

It is easily accessible once you enter the park and is a favorite place for taking photos.

Not recommended for people with physical limitations and it is not a place to allow children to run wild. This rocks are big boys and need respecting!

4  Thank FondoTraveler
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The stairs to the top are not permanently closed. When I went (in January) they were closed due to ice. The park attendant told me they would reopen that part if weather allowed and advised to call before coming next time to make sure. The elevator was still down for maintenance tho... oh well.
There are trails for small children to adults but for the most part the park has a family friendly feel to it and may be not something an avid hiker would favor. The views are gorgeous and the trail to the waterfall is very much worth seeing.
There are restaurants and novelty shops at the entrance to the park. A lot of these places close around 3 or 4pm (when I was there at least).
The park is closed for 2 days of the week on Wednesday and Thursday.
Entrance fee (when I went anyway, on a Sunday) was $5 for 1 adult.

23  Thank Bryan B
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I saw this on tripadvisor and thought it looked interesting so my friend and I drove over on Sunday. When we got to the entrance of Chimney Rock State Park we were informed the Needle's Eye has been closed to the public (no reason was given.) Also, the elevators which take you to the top of Chimney Rock are being repaired so we couldn't do that either. We paid $9.00 each to enter the park and hiked to the waterfall which had an amazing view. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon but before I go again, I will call the park to make sure the renovation projects have been completed so I can get my money's worth.

18  Thank JenWins