4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$195
eDreamsUS$195
FindHotelUS$195
Trip.comUS$195
TripadvisorUS$195
1,209 results
All reviews wxyz bar great location rooftop pool dog walk parking garage attached garage hotel is dog friendly within walking distance wicked weed dog bed fire pit love dogs a mountain view room love this hotel lobby area corner room mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

We took our dog here on vacation. They do cater to dogs which was great. But you have to walk a block away for your dog to "go" and it was on a church's lawn! My dog was kicked in the mouth (intentionally) while we were waiting at a light. I was so upset and my dog was spitting blood. Got back into the hotel and they called the police for me to give a statement! I was really impressed. The location is great for walking to restaurants and shops. The rooms are very small and cramped especially with a large velcro dog. It was also quite expensive with parking an additional cost. Overall, great for the dog friendly attitude but think we will stay at another location next time.

Room tip: Parking is $10 a night added to your bill. We were on the 4th floor and the music from the 2nd floor came straight up into the room, it did stop at 10pm.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALH59
Reviewed 19 August 2021

I should’ve given this Aloft 5 stars back in August 2017 when we stayed here with some friends for the eclipse, but (like most times) when you had a good time, and there was no negative incident, I just didn’t get motivated enough to do so. Now, 4 years later, Aloft has gone above and beyond for me, and I would give them 10 stars if I could. No more sitting around, unmotivated, time to write this review!

This hotel may be a little pricier than others in Asheville, but it is 100% worth it for the location downtown. There are so many breweries and restaurants within walking distance; what you spend on accommodations, you’ll more than save on ubers (if eating and drinking are your things ;) ). A couple of our must-visit locations we still had to drive to (like Sierra Nevada), but for the most part there are so many places to visit in just the downtown area that you won’t be disappointed.

As far as the Hotel itself, the amenities and the rooms feel so upscale. The layout is swanky without feeling too sterile, and the furnishings are great. We didn’t spend a whole lot of time in the room, but when we did we were very comfortable. The common areas are very modern with fun touches (like they had a dog adoption event going on the weekend we were there, how cool is that?). The overall design of everything was top notch.

Now, onto the 10-star part of the review. We were traveling to Asheville again at the end of August 2021 for a work trip, so my coworker and I were going to go down a day early to spend time in the city before we moved to the location of the work event. I booked Aloft again because of the great experience we had years ago, and (like I told the wonderful representative I talked to), OBVIOUSLY I was a more optimistic person back in July when I made the reservation because I booked a non-changeable, non-refundable room like a dum-dum. Like, hello? We’re still in a pandemic! I don’t know what my thought process was.

Well, as even the most fraudulent psychic could have told you, due to rising Covid cases, the work event was cancelled, and I had to call Aloft begging to see if there was any way to cancel my reservation, too. This was something the hotel absolutely DID NOT have to do; I was the idiot that reserved the room that way, so I totally understood they couldn’t help me. The representative submitted a form (or something) to see if I could get at least part of my payment back, and even she wasn’t sure if it would go through… BUT THEY REFUNDED THE FULL PAYMENT. Again, Aloft did not owe anything to me, and they were not required to give me back a dime, so after that the least I can do is leave this review and encourage anyone thinking about staying here to please do so! Just don’t be like me: definitely get travel insurance (especially if Covid is still a thing) or book a room that you can cancel. Although, hopefully that won’t be necessary in the future.

Thank you, Aloft, for being so accommodating to me, I will be a customer for life now. I can’t wait to come back to Asheville in the future, and I will definitely be staying with you guys when I do!

2  Thank Kilacojo
Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

We absolutely loved our stay at Aloft!! First the location is perfect. Its right on biltmore street and is around many shops, restaurants, and is a few minutes from the Biltmore. We literally walked everywhere we wanted to go because our hotel was in such a convenient location. Parking is in the garage attached to Aloft and they do charge a $10/day parking fee.
When you do check in, you check in on the second floor, not the first floor. That kind of threw us for a loop, but it was easy to find. On the second floor, they also have pool tables, a bar, and a mini Starbucks. The drinks are fantastic! The Starbucks is limited so you'll be disappointed if you are expecting a full Starbucks. For gym goers like us, they do have a gym on the 2nd floor. Its small but kept the husband happy. Lots of free weights and a couple of treadmills.
The roof top pool is a nice amenity. It was nice to sit outside and take in the views of the mountains in the distance. They also play music and have a DJ playing sometimes depending on the night.

Our room was clean and surprisingly quiet even though the hotel was located downtown, and on the floor where the rooftop pool was. Very comfortable bed.
What we loved the most was how pet friendly they are! Our dog was treated like a king! He loved hanging out on the roof top and meeting other dogs. It was awesome to see other dogs walking around everywhere. However, I will add as a heads up to other dog owners. You do have to walk a bit to let your dog potty as there is not a lot of grassy areas downtown. If you go behind the parking garage and to the church parking lot there is plenty of grassy area there.
Overall, everyone we met was very nice and accommodating. We highly recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in Asheville. Especially with pets. The best Aloft we have every stayed at! Very impressed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2021

Most hotels check in lobby on the first floor not here go upstairs. Funky cheecky hotel with a lot of personality. They have a pool table and bar in the lobby, a "starbucks" but not really they sell it but don't take gift cards so if you are expecting a full on starbucks you will be disappointed . Hotel bed very comfy and located in a great spot across from Chestnut and a stone throw away from the coffee bus. The toilet was the funniest thing, if you have ever been on a cruise ship you know how violent the toilet flushes, same experience here. I woke my husband up from a sound sleep when I flushed in the middle of the night so funny . Great stay , comfy bed

Room tip: Ask for a view of the pool you will get some mountain views that way
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank mamashuz
Reviewed 19 July 2021

Loved this hotel - every staff member encountered was friendly and helpful. A wonderful outdoor pool/patio area on the 3rd floor roof complete with a fire table to enjoy as it cools down (even in July). Hotel is in a great location to walk to almost everywhere, including the many breweries, and is very modern in decor. Room and bed were comfortable and quiet. Highly recommend.

Room tip: We stayed on the 5th floor with a nice view.
Date of stay: July 2021