All reviews boutique motel balconies overlooking central courtyard local brews outback steakhouse adirondack chairs close to downtown outdoor fireplace small hotel priced hotel yogurt continental breakfast uber ride comfortable beds our night stay stayed here for two nights very nice stay
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Newly renovated, this well priced hotel will meet all of your needs. It's better appointed than the Hampton Inns I've visited recently and has a great desk staff. The beds were super comfortable with more pillows than we could use. Granite countertops old style--right outside the tub/shower combo. Even the toiletries were delightful. We were in town to visit UNC Asheville which is just about 5 minutes away. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyseats
Reviewed 16 March 2017

We stayed one night at this hotel and for the money, it's pretty good. The lady who checked us in was very nice and polite. Our room felt clean and it was a decent size. Every room has a patio or balcony which is cool. The location felt safe with many restaurants near by and it's close to the Biltmore.

I will admit the breakfast is not the best. There are very few options.

There is a a nice sitting area with lights and a grill in the middle of the property. We sat out there for a little bit with some wine.

Anyway, this place is not super fancy but it's clean and safe. I like staying at non chain hotels to support local businesses. Great place!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcca1nodom
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I was hesitant about this place when booking because it was so affordable that I thought something has to be wrong. I was wonderfully surprised! It's beautiful and very clean. The staff was very friendly, there was great coffee in the lobby in the morning and it's very close to downtown (less than 5 mins). I highly recommend checking it out. We've decided that this is going to be our go to place when we come back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparker1304
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The motel/hotel is decent enough. The room and bathroom were clean. You can definitely see their attempt at modernizing a motor inn with new furnishings, paint, etc. Bed wasn't very comfortable, but the real problem is bed bugs. We checked into a downstairs room (20) and halfway through the night, I woke up with bed bug bites on my upper arms and right hand. To any skeptics, I've unfortunately had multiple incidents with bed bugs, and I know that these bites were caused by bed bugs. In reading previous reviews left by other guests, it seems that they've had bed bug problems before. You are better off finding a different place to stay unless you want to run the risk of getting bit or bringing bed bugs home.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet C
ShradhaGM, Manager at The Beaucatcher, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear Ms. Choe - thank you for taking the time to offer a review of your stay. We are extremely sorry to hear of your experience and will do our best to address it now. I have attempted to look up the details of your reservation based on your name, period of stay and room number that you mentioned but am unable to find any thing in our system. I would appreciate if you can email me at shradha@thebeaucatcher.com so we can accurately identify your stay and this issue that you had experienced. I regret we were not informed of this issue during your stay here as we would have certainly addressed it immediately. Thank you. Shradha Patel, General Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2016

The room is a typical size, 2 queens, with desk, fridge, microwave, TV etc. You can tell it was remodeled from an older facility- new features but hints of the past peeking through here and there. The bed is new and, fortunately for my bad back, pretty flat/hard. Not a Marriott bed, but not a Marriott price either and generally comfortable. Breakfast has juices, coffee, continental but if you're gluten free you'll be focused on yogurt and oatmeal. Overall, fine. Best unexpected feature: the thick doors really block out the street noise and light, which is always something that bugs me in motels. Also the lady at the front desk was super sweet.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends