“Fine breakfast spot with generous portions of good food”
Review of Cafe 64

Cafe 64
Ranked #55 of 844 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We had a great breakfast at Cafe 64. The homemade granola was delicious. The banana oatmeal brulee was decadently good. Waitstaff were attentive and helpful. Service was quick. All good.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We were visiting friends in Asheville and they brought us to Cafe 64. The breakfast was delicious and you could tell the food was fresh. I ordered Chamomile tea and was pleasantly surprised to see that they used Chamomile blossoms vs. a tea bag. The omelette was delish with smoked turky and shitake mushrooms. Normally, I put butter and salt/pepper on my grits, but grits they served were perfect as is - it was creamy, and tasted like it already had butter. The only improvement I would suggest - which I believe is personal preference - is that it was too thick and could use some more liquid. The gluten free bread was good. They also have self-serve coffee, so you can refill as often as you like. The servers were fabulous and the atmosphere was homey. Definitely check out this place!

1  Thank Maziray
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We (five) saw an empty table from the outside (small restaurant in which you can catch a complete view easily), came in and asked for availability, they said the table was free but needed cleaning and it would take 15 min to do it, as they wanted to give the kitchen time to catch up.

In the mean time two tables got free and two couple of walk-ins were seated before us.

Fifteen minuets past we went in and finally the table for five was given to us. As we were getting seated the waiter said it would take between 15 to 20 minutes for our order to be taken (during the wait we had already looked into the menu and knew what we wanted). The reason: there were three tables (3 couples) that sat before us and thus their order had to be taken (note two of them “skipped” us).

We left before finding out the wait time in the kitchen!!!

1  Thank mauriciomQ648UH
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Breakfast menu was varied with lots of creative and traditional choices. Serve yourself coffee bar was wonderful. I recommend the black widow variety. We raved over the food. Much better than another "Early" eatery we tried the day before. Servers were so sweet and friendly. There was nice music playing in the background. Less the 5 minute walk from Hotel Indigo. Kitty corner from the US Cellular Center and Catholic church. Seemed to be good parking on street.

2  Thank NCLexi
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Just had brunch at Cafe 64 and it was absolutely delicious. It’s one of my favorite lunch places and now one of my favorite breakfast/brunch cafes. Everything is really good here. The coffee is excellent, the service is great and the food is outstanding. I had the Southern Biscuit which may be the best thing I’ve ever had for breakfast. I know that’s hyperbole but it was really good and I definitely recommend it. My wife had the blueberry pancakes that she said were perfect. Love this place.

1  Thank Thomas E