“Best in Asheville ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I always try to get to this restaurant when I visit Asheville. Great staff. Friendly service. Fantastic mussels. They run all you can eat mussels during the week. No reservations are taken so order a glass of wine and wait on a table. It’s well worth the wait.

1  Thank AcclaimedTraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Bouchon does not take reservations...it's walk in first come, first served. We took a chance our last night in Asheville and went to Bouchon expecting to wait our turn. We were told wait time would be 30 to 40 minutes, so we gave our name and got in line. But, in less than 5 minutes, several seats at the bar opened up and my wife and I sat down to order some wine and wait for a table. I inquired if we could eat at the bar and they said of course...so we did. The bar tender informed the hostess and she removed us from the waiting list for a table.

I ordered the Escargot and my wife ordered a salad. The escargot was absolutely wonderful! This course was followed by an order of ravioli and beef bourguignon. Again round two was excellent! We decided to quit while we were ahead, and so skipped desert, which I'm sure would have been every bit as good as everything we had already consumed.

So we were in and out in less than an hour and had a wonderful experience and will return next time we are in Asheville. I highly recommend Bouchon to anyone who enjoys excellent French food.

1  Thank BeachmanBob
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We opted to dine outdoors, as the inside was crowded and noisy. The outside area was small, intimate, and quiet. Our waiter, Paul, was friendly, informative, and attentive. We started with the fries -- the best I've eaten in years (I was so happy I ordered an entree that included a side of fries).

My dining guests were my daughter, who lived in France for 10 years, my French son-in-law, and French-American granddaughter. They were quite satisfied with their meals, as was I. Our wine selections complemented the meal and we finished with dessert.

1  Thank jfgaff
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Bouchon on a trip to Asheville. The whole experience was outstanding. The wine selection was extensive and reasonably priced. We both ordered French sparkling wines. The food was delicious from start to finish! We started with the Tomate Bouchon which was sourced by fresh local tomatoes. Our main dish was the Saumon Dijonaise. We finished the evening with the creme brulee. We were wowed with every bite! The service too was friendly and attentive the whole evening. The atmosphere was warm, comfortable, and inviting. We look forward to returning!

1  Thank newlymarriedman12
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This small restaurant in Asheville will take you straight to France. Fantastic food and great service. Don't miss the sweetbread appetizer!

1  Thank Isachr