“Ambience”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food was delicious. Wine list could be better. Champagne needs to be revised. Great Service. Reservations a MUST.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bouchon is a must-do for my wife and I every time we return to Asheville. You won't find better French cuisine this side of the pond outside of a handful of chi-chi restaurants in NYC and Washington DC, and maybe not even then.

Walking into Bouchon is like walking into any number of cafes in Paris. Busy and playfully noisy. The only thing missing is the French language. The wait staff I must say are a big improvement over their Parisian counterparts...fun to talk with and very helpful when we were making our menu selections.

The food here Never disappoints! This is as close to authentic Paris cuisine as you are going to find in America. Everything is delicious!! Last night was the start of the Beaujolais season. We ordered a bottle and it was superb. My French onion soup was the best I can ever remember having. It was followed by steak au poivre cooked perfectly. My wife had the escargot appetizer as she does every time we eat here. She raved about them...I'll take her word on that. Her entree was the steak tartare. Again she loved it. Unfortunately we were too full to have dessert which seems to be a problem every time we eat at Bouchon because the dessert selection looks amazing. Maybe another day. The evening was capped off by a table visit from the restaurant's owner. It is easy to see where the cuisine's quality comes from.

Don't miss this culinary gem when you visit Asheville! It is worth the wait in line (in fact, I suggest that you while away the wait in the intimate upstairs wine bar).

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a fourth or fifth visit to Bouchon, and we have never had a bad or even average meal. The one drawback to the establishment is that you are going to have to wait. The venue is small and leads to waiting. There is currently a connected bar from which you can enjoy a cocktail prior to being seated. Every server we have had has been welcoming and informative. They are always happy to entertain questions despite the demands of the dinner business volume. We have never ordered the same entree twice and every selection has been full of flavor and a pleasure to eat. It is worth the wait.

2  Thank Mitchell M
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We loved our dinner at Bouchon. Be prepared to wait for your seat. They do not take reservations.

We were fortunate to quickly get a seat at the bar event though we arrived early (5:30) in the night. The couple that arrived behind us was receiving their appetizers when we left!

The appetizers were good. We had Escargot, Salad, and French onion soup. The Escargot was definitely not my favorite but was Ok. The French onion soup was delicious.

As Entrees we had le Gratin di Chasseur and the chicken cordon bleu.
They were great.

I’d say. Go to this place!!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Visited Bouchon on a recommendation from a staff member from the Grove Park Inn.

No reservation so we arrived early on Wednesday, at 4:30 PM. They open at 5:00 PM.

Wednesday just happens to be "All you can eat mussels" night, so a line had already formed to get in.

Once in, we ordered our appetizers. My wife ordered sauteed "sweetbreads" that she said were the best she has ever tasted. Kept commenting on how clean and well prepared they were. 5 STARS! I ordered the escargots and they were as I expected...absolutely delicious!
We both then ordered the mussels. You have a choice of 5 sauces to choose from. They were wonderful, fresh, big and sweet. Couldn't ask for more than that! A totally wonderful experience. If you like French food, make sure you come here. Who would've thought in Asheville! Wish they were in Williamsburg, Virginia.