“Not Your Typical Donut”
Review of Vortex Doughnuts

Vortex Doughnuts
Ranked #6 of 26 Bakeries in Asheville
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Stopped here for coffee and donuts when walking around the area. The donuts are more like cake and really dense -- not Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme. Interesting selection included vegan donuts. Coffee was good -- water from a dispenser easily accessible.. Hipster/warehouse atmosphere. Worth the stop if nearby.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We enjoyed the variety available and the donuts were good, we were just hoping to be wow'ed. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I love donuts - I guess these would be considered gourmet donuts. They are good - maybe a good place to go for vegan or gluten-free donuts...I just want a good donut...

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Quite an assortment to choose from. I wasn't too sure about them, but quickly changed my mind with the taste. The strawberry cream filled reminded me of my mothers strawberry parfaits! Offers both Yeast and Cake Doughnuts. The Plain glazed yeast doughnut- wonderful!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Great stop in Asheville for coffee and doughnuts! I ordered a La Lucha latte and it might just be one of the BEST lattes I've ever had! In total, my boyfriend and I ordered 5 doughnuts and 1 apple fritter for sampling. They had an awesome variety of doughnuts, including gluten free if that's your thing. I will say that the yeast doughtnuts were a little more dense instead of light and fluffy, so depending on your doughnut preferences, you may like them more than I did. However, the apple fritter was really good!