1889 WhiteGate Inn & Cottage
US$106
Country Inn
Sleep Inn Asheville - Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$80
Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$289
US$249
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$277/night.

All reviewsfrank and ralphwalt whitmanrobert frost roomoscar wilde suitethe main houseother guestsplayer pianoselect registrysocial hourbed and breakfastowners and staffeach morningclose to downtowncocktail hourb bsgreat hostsjacuzzi tub
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Such a wonderful reception with a friendly hostess.
Breakfast was exceptional.
Our room was lovely with a sun porch with lots of reading material. We would love to go back again if only just for the great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanaliceq
Reviewed 12 May 2016

My wife and I were looking for a local (within a few hours) getaway for our 9th Anniversary. We've loved, over the years, exploring new places and finding nice B&B's rather than the same old hotel experience (I travel a bit for work so not something I look forward to when on vacation). Well the 1889 WhiteGate inn delivered on being a unique and wonderful experience. Comfortable accommodations in a very cool and unique setting, great breakfast, and a host that makes sure breakfast is not just breakfast it's breakfast and a show! We loved it so much we'll be back in June for our 10th Anniversary. Honestly looking at the price of a hotel vs. staying in a suite, at a really cool home, with an amazing breakfast, etc... This absolutely is a no-brainer! I can't say enough great things about WhiteGate and the folks that run it. I'm looking forward to the trip and I anticipate this will be the second of many visits!

Room Tip: They're all good just make a reservation!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank superman9o
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Our first time there... what a wonderful surprise. Checked them on the internet and was very pleased, little did we know that it would be so much more. Great rooms, service, food and especially the staff. They had a wealth of knowledge about the area. Breakfast is a "Do not miss", the chef is incredible and please plan to enjoy the happy hour.Our host, Frank has such a sense to him and a stage presence from performing, his insight you will not want to miss. He has also traveled extensively and will share his tales. Gardens are beautiful and Ralph was happy to talk about them and even sent us home with a plant. Superior rating! They get our vote for best B&B this year!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carl Sandburg Suite, upstairs... all rooms are quiet and ours included a sleeping porch with sofa and TV.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hnashnroanoke
Reviewed 22 April 2016

We've stayed at this B&B 4 times now and each time has been wonderful. Great rooms (Maya Angelou suite is our favorite) and great food including a wine event in the evenings in the beautiful garden. Great location with a short walk to downtown. Friendly, fun staff... especially Frank, the owner. We usually skip the breakfast at B&Bs, but we never do here because he makes it so fun, warm and entertaining. We've made friends during these breakfasts that we still stay in touch with today. Can't wait to return soon!

Room Tip: Maya Angelou is beautiful, as are the rooms in the main house.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here a couple years ago for a romantic getaway while I was home from Afghanistan for a few weeks. We were both in our mid/late twenties at the time and felt right at home. The other guests were older couples and it had no effect on my stay, if anything it made it better because the company was more mature and had better things to talk about. I also made a couple friends while staying here that I still talk to today.

The room was wonderful, large and well decorated and stocked. The main house was rich with historical items, cozy sitting areas, snacks and plenty of things to do or take back to your room with you.

The grounds are meticulously well kept and you can spend hours walking around discovering new plants, flowers and whimsical ornaments throughout the gardens. The greenhouse was a neat way to see what would be coming to the garden soon .

The location is within walking distance of the main drag in town or a short drive if you have difficulty walking. There is plenty to do near by but it's not so close to town that your visit is distracted by noise and traffic.

The breakfast was wonderful and full of life. If you're not one who enjoys socializing or talking to strangers on a whim then I could understand how it may be awkward for you at first, but not to the point of leaving a negative review. There are plenty of smaller personal tables away from the main crowd you can enjoy your breakfast at alone (boring in my opinion). Don't forget, afterall, it is a bed and breakfast not private room service.

The hosts were wonderful and full of life. One of them performs in local theater often. They are attentive to your needs/requests, but also let you enjoy the property without buzzing around you or watching your every move (a situation at another B&B I've experienced).

My wife and I would love to come back here again sometime soon and are planning to. We highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple