2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$79
Hotels.comUS$79
PricelineUS$79
FindHotelUS$79
Agoda.comUS$79
getaroom.comUS$79
All reviews room was clean pet friendly hotel front desk clerk continental breakfast would definitely stay here again short drive motel interstate rri microwave downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2021

The good points: quick and abundant hot water {except the serving table in the lobby}; surprising WIFI – 24 MBPS the first day, dropping to 4-7 thereafter (still better than a lot of hotels).
The down-side:
Uneven walking surface – narrow sidewalk bordered by a slight drop-off to river-rock next to grass filled with exploded toadstools – trip hazard throughout.
Older readers might recognize the term “blue-tick mattress” – cheapest of the cheap with creaking springs when you move.
I need more than two pillows: the manager told me with a straight face, “We don’t have any more than the standard pillows for each room, and I can’t get any more.” I drove to a store five minutes away and bought my pillows.
No service - not even replacing towels or toiletries without a trip to the office.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank kennethe899
Reviewed 4 July 2021

We got in very late and after checking in went up to our room. There were people wandering around that we later found out were homeless people. On our way up to our room we could smell urine. That wasn't a good sign. Then we saw people sitting in little tents on the outside on each floor. We later learned that these were security guards because of the homeless people living there. When we got to our room we found large stains on the curtains, old food in the refrigerator and microwave, and a sticky floor. It sure didn't feel safe. The next morning we checked out of our room, a day early, and weren't the only ones. At the other hotel we went to they all had heard about the nightmare conditions at the Red Roof.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 26 April 2021

This was the worst hotel stay and travel experience of my entire life!! I have reported this experience to the BBB and the local police department. My room was filthy and the room itself was outdated and unsightly with broken fixtures and damaged furnishings. What was outrageous about this experience however was the fact that this business is moonlighting as a homeless shelter for victims of COVID while charging other guests over 100 USD for a stay. My neighbors were drug users, up all hours of the night discussing and using drugs outside of my room, smoking and using profane speech. This created a sad and uncomfortable and unsafe hotel experience and restless night. It was a gross experience and I was afraid to sleep through the night! I had to barracade my door with furnature. The homeless guests would loiter in and around the hotel property and were loud, outspoken, unkempt and unsavory characters. I had checked in very late and it was too late to check into another hotel last minute. I booked thorough Expedia and was unable to get them to answer their phone until the next morning. They turned the issue over to the hotel and the hotel turned it over to Expedia. I am still working on the refund. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone for safey and sanitary reasons. Prepare to be disturbed ! It will ruin your vacation.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2021

This hotel should be upfront about the fact they are now housing the homeless of Asheville. Great they are helping people but...we would have stayed somewhere else if we had known about the current resident population. Loud incoherent ramblings, car doors slamming, unmasked people everywhere! We moved to the Comfort Inn just across the street. It was clean and quiet. Disturbingly they, the staff at Comfort Inn, also told us the population being housed at the Red Roof were the COVID positive homeless! Can that be true? I sure hope not.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2020

we stayed here before, and it was a great deal.
This time was different.
The room was clean and appeared sanitary; the bed was fine.
The issue now is that the hotel appears to be a designated facility for migrant workers and homeless. I don't know that for fact, but it ws not a comfortable place to be outside of the room. Cigarettes and people living in and among the outdoor tables seemed to prevail. The office is in a barricaded space and may even have bulletproof glass.
Id avoid this for now.