“Great find ”

Ranked #171 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

While my wife was busy getting "coifed" on Newbury St. I noticed this new place. Went to review it before someone , more knowledgeable than me, got it listed on TA.
Lunch time came so I went in, got a seat at the very unique counter and texted my wife. Could not wait. I ordered the sublime warm lobster roll.
Then my wife texted me as she walked along Dartmouth St. I said look up and she saw me sitting in the window. She loves fried oysters and loved this offering.
I hear that it has gotten busy since the very nice Globe article.
Worth the wait if you need to wait.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for a beer and appetizer. The chowder was awesome. I would also recommend the king crab toasts.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Heard about Saltie Girl and decided to give it a try. Planned our day so we could eat super early (6pm) and did not have to wait at all. Ate at the bar. Was ecstatic to find a hot lobster roll - usually only found in CT. It was SO CRAZY GOOD! My friend took one bite and ordered another. Came on a perfectly toasted brioche bun and with a side of homemade salt and vinegar potato chips. Also not to be missed was the Caviar Dip and Chips. Addicting. Love that it came with different, and yet still homemade, chips. Waiter was a little surly but made a solid negroni so all is forgiven. I might fly back to Boston just for the Saltie Girl.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch at Salty Girl. The hot lobster roll and lobster and waffles were delicious. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

If you are looking for something different, it's worth the wait. Yes, it is first come, first served. We waited 45 minutes on a Saturday night. Just go next door to the Met Bar, downstairs they have a large bar, and great drinks. If you like tinned fish, this is the place. They have a great assortment you will not find anywhere else. And of course, you must have the lobster roll and the garlic clams toast. A little pricey, but the service was excellent, and just about everything we tried on the menu was super tasty!

Been to Saltie Girl? Share your experiences!