“REDSOX VS BLUEJAYS”

Ranked #1 of 420 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hallowed ground to baseball purists, this cozy, quirky park has been the Boston Red Sox home field since 1912. The most distinctive feature of this classic baseball park is the 37-foot-tall left field wall, known as the "Green Monster."
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been coming here since I was a young boy. I’m 60 now and this place hasn’t lost its magic. I’m so thankful with other parks being knocked down that this parked has remained largely original with only modifications adding extra/modern seating. The history here makes you feel like your in a living museum. I can’t describe it. Knowing the most famous ball players of all time have played on the field in front of you.
The seat service was very good with a lot of variety from mobile vendors. The bathrooms were more than accommodating enough for the large crowd. It’s not cheap here by no means. Five beers at our seats were $55.00. One sausage pepper & onion is $8.00. Bring plenty of cash & try to eat a full meal before you enter the park.
The seating is tight here. We sat in box seats behind home plate. These are very close quarters, side to side and in front & behind. It’s tight. A big negative for me. The entrance was also mass chaos trying to get through the security checkpoint. No real direction or organization. Hundreds of people converging in a bottle neck. Not how I remember it here.
I still give it five stars for being one of the most historical parks in baseball.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,913)
All reviews
in 484 reviews
"behind the scenes"
in 168 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

During the summer if you can, I suggest seats on the 3rd base line because of the sun. If you have never been get there early to walk around the stadium and experience this incredible ballpark!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great game -- wonderful place to see a ball game.
Old stadium, great history, and electric feel in the place.
Put this on your must see list!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our primary reason for our 3 day trip was to see Fenway. It did not disappoint. We saw 2 games. We have been to a lot of ballparks. By far! This is the best baseball atmosphere and best fans I have seen. We stayed at the Copley Square Hotel in Backbay. Any hotel in backbay is a comfortable walk to Fenway (less than a mile I think). Walk Boylston to Ipswich and you are there. Lots of people on the walk and even late at night it seemed safe (not so for all areas of Boston).

You can walk through the Prudential Center Mall then the attached Sheraton and it makes a good part of your walk in doors.

Go to Fenway at least an hour early to enjoy the festivities and eat. Get food before the game or you are going to wait 1-2 innings in a line!

1  Thank PapyCM