“Classic hotel with great charm and service!”
Review of Eliot Hotel

Eliot Hotel
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 13 December 2015

A classic and charming hotel near Fenway and Back Bay with great modern amenities. The staff is amazing! Always smiling while they get the door or elevator for you. Mr Ugras, at the front desk, helped us on the first night of our 4 day stay. We had a problem with the bed and he immediately helped us move to another room. What great customer service!!! Thanks to the entire staff!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Joseph P, Assistant General Manager at Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review his stay and for his kind words about our hotel. In many ways, the Eliot's "classic charm with modern amenities" exemplifies Boston, a city that so beautifully blends the old with the new. I wish to also express my gratitude for praising our "amazing staff" and guest service. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring our guest's satisfaction and we will certainly do anything possible to accomplish that. We are grateful for our committed staff and I am delighted Ugras was so helpful. Dear Woodykayak, you are most welcome! It is, in fact, our pleasure to have had you as a guest and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed 13 December 2015

I only stayed at the Eliot hotel for one night, but the hotel is lovely. the room was huge (esp after a few nights in New York city hotels). My room has a large living room and an equally large bedroom, only the bathroom was small. The king size bed was one of the most comfortable I have experienced. On the 7th floor there was little noise from the outside and none from other hotel guests. The bathroom had a sightly awkward layout, but wel equipped. The shower was very strong. The room also came with complementary yummy cookies....a nice touch. The wifi was free and had a strong consistent signal. The hotel restaurant (which I only tried for breakfast) seemed good and busy for dinner. It also has a small sushi bar. The hotel staff was nice. The location is slightly further away from the centre of boston compared to other 5 star hotels, but still close enough to not be a problem. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at the Eliot, and will definitely try to repeat the experience. Recommended!

Stayed: December 2015

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review their stay and for bestowing us with the appraisal of being a "great hotel!" This is particularly valuable coming from such a worldly traveler. When traveling, comfort, of course, is a primary concern. Our guests are fortunate to experience the spaciousness of our suites, comfortable beds which we deem to be a priority, and the peace and quiet of being on residential, park-like Commonwealth Avenue in the city's elegant Back Bay. I couldn't be more happy that the Eliot Hotel is recommended to others and that we will have the pleasure to welcome this guest again.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Lovely old world hotel. Great suite to cater for the family. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend! Well located near great shopping area lit with fairy lights at night...great!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and couldn't be more delighted to know that it was such a positive experience. Our suites certainly do offer generous space, something that is particularly helpful to provide comfort when traveling with a family. The hotel's location in Boston's fashionable Back Bay district offers shoppers incredible opportunities! Newbury Street, Boston's upscale shopping destination is chock full of boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and cafes. At night, the elegant lights and many decorated store fronts make for a truly festive atmosphere that brings everyone into the spirit of the season. I am grateful for this guest's recommendation and hope she has an opportunity to return to Boston sometime.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

We spend 3 nights here and found the hotel to be very good. The staff and service was excellent and the location was spot on! Close enough to walk to Downtown Boston through Back Bay and the Common, enjoyable walk in great weather for the time of year. Also close to a good gym - free access. The room we stayed in was very nice. I would recommend you to stay in this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review his stay, I am delighted that he found favor with our hotel, the location and our staff and service. All three elements combine to help make our guests' stays extraordinary, and being in an "awesome" city like Boston certainly provides additional charm! I am grateful that he recommends the Eliot Hotel to others and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming him back.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

We stayed at the Eliot Hotel for two nights this past week. As lovely as the hotel is, and it is lovely indeed, I will be coming back for the wonderful customer service, the staff was gracious and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and for her very kind praise for our hotel and especially for our "gracious and helpful staff." Personalized guest service is, indeed, our primary mission. We try hard to ensure our guests' expectations are met, and being successful doing so brings us its own reward. I am delighted this guest will be returning to the Eliot, and look forward to welcoming her back!