3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Hotels.comUS$274
PricelineUS$274
travelup.comUS$299
All reviews shuttle subway logan clerk bay uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2022

My daughter and I checked in the night before it snowed and we arrived to a warm, clean, and friendly place to stay. Everyone we interacted with was polite and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was hot, good, and enough of a variety to be worth going downstairs every morning. The room was a decent size with comfortable beds. There was a Target and several restaurants within walking distance, and an Uber was about $10-20 to most tourist locations. The snack shop by the front office was extremely convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 15 June 2021

Be aware that there are many other choices in Boston-at this hotel, there are drug addicts mulling around and are all over the parking lot and enter the lobby regularly-with actual shooting up and drug deals occuring in the lot. We were afraid to go back to our car when we forgot something. This was a 2 night stay-when I spoke with the young man at the on Saturday around 7pm, front desk, he said in a patronizing/flippant tone, when I asked what they were doing about this, "They are in contact with law enforcement"-he repeated that twice before he asked ME, what should be done! He should not be in customer service. I responded that it wasn't my job to keep the hotel and parking lot safe for customers. IHG and the management of this particular hotel are sorely missing the mark here. I would encourage anyone reading this to go to another hotel and not stay here, as there are many options.

Date of stay: June 2021
9  Thank kids3dog
Wagner Quintanilha, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Boston, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

Dear kidsthreedogtrnr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. We appreciate the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future. Safety and security are high priorities within our standards for quality and comfort. We have a policy of immediate removal of any guests found to be taking drugs in the hotel, and should any evidence be sufficiently communicated in regards to guests and drug in our premises, use we can act on this immediately. We make it a top priority to ensure that our guests are comfortable and safe at all times. We are constantly working close with law enforcement and city authorities in regards to any illegal activity outside the hotel and in our vicinity. Thanks again for you valuable feedback, we should see much improvement should you decide to give us another try.

Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

Got upgraded to suite on 6th floor thanks to Platinum Ambassador status on an overnight business trip. Minor disconnect upfront....IHG rep said sure, they have a shuttle from Logan....not right now...when I arrived to check in, mentioned it to the nice lady, she comped me for the suite. Bathroom was huge and clean...nice sitting room and huge king size bedroom. Gave me a good lead on calzone and tiramisu delivery. Breakfast was in the bag. Overall, very pleased...well worth the stay!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank 574jimc

Hi 574jimc,

Thank you for being a Platinum Ambassador and choosing our hotel amongst many options in Boston. We are thrilled that you were very pleased with your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 February 2021

We accompanied our daughter to visit Boston to look at the neighborhoods surrounding a few of the law schools that she had applied. We found the hotel to be in a decent location. There is a Target and shopping center behind the hotel that allowed us to pick up some food to have in the room. It was about a 1/4 mile walk to the T (Subway) station that allowed us to get around the city easily. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a clean hotel, good locations and avoiding some of the higher prices of being right downtown. Only drawback, due to the Covid restrictions, breakfast selection was very limited, and if you didn't get downstairs in time, might not get any breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2020
4  Thank Jeff M

HI jmarlow2205,

Thank you kindly for posting such a great review here. We strive to please and hope to continue to deserve you patronage for your choice of hotel in Boston.

Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

When I checked in, the man who was assisting us behind the desk was wearing his mask as a chin guard. With the pandemic going on, this is unacceptable. Makes you wonder how serious it’s taken there and if it’s actually clean. Keys were not activated upon getting to room and had to go all the way back to reception with my luggage to get it re-activated. I am a platinum member and this location simply needs to DO BETTER. Some people don’t have the option but to travel during a pandemic and this is the first hotel that hasn’t eased my concerns. Other than that, the rooms were fine. Will not return.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank TheTownBarker
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Boston, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2020

Hi TheTownBarker,

I am glad you left feedback. Thanks for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Boston. It's our pleasure to host an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member.

I am sorry to learn about the lapses from our staff, particularly in wearing a mask incorrectly and missing to activate your key card. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Cheers,