“More than 5 stars! Best Mole sauce anywhere!”

Sol Azteca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sol Azteca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #742 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Park Drive
Transit: St. Mary's Street MBTA stop on the C Green Line, or Fenway Stop on the D Green Line
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I have been coming here for more than 20 years - this is not anything like fast food - so don't even put it in the same box. Their truly authentic food is amazing, large portions - terrific sangria - great atmosphere (there is one in Newton Center too).

I particularly love Mole sauce (you either hate it or you love it!) and there's is the best I've ever had. I wish they sold it ! I like it on the enchilada but they also prepare it with chicken. The enchiladas, fish, chicken and steak dishes are all terrific.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Very unassuming but great food. The queso asada was ridiculous!!! Tostadas excellent, get the homemade habinero sauce if you like spicy!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We searched TA for a Fenway area restaurant that would take a reservation before the Billy Joel concert. I happened upon Sol Azteca and so glad I did, making the reservation through Open Table.
We were seated outside on a lovely warm evening. Three of us shared a carafe of their house sangria... Great flavor with cinnamon spicing. Jim asked if they had Sol beer from Mexico, no, so he had a Corona.
Service was pleasant and prompt. Just enough time to enjoy our drinks and then order dinner. We all found our dishes to be well prepared and much more authentic flavors, rather than Tex-Mex. I had their combo and chose cheese empanadas and beef with pablano mole, it was excellent. Jim and my sister had chicken tostadas which were awesome and my b-i-law had the shrimp special and he raved about it!
Definitely recommend.
Not five star dining but is great Mexican food.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We walked from our hotel the Hotel Commonwealth to eat at this restaurant. Everyone here was so nice. The food was great and the location was a great neighborhood place.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Best margarita - strong and delicious! Some good dinner options that are not your standard tex-mex fair. Cilantro shrimp as excellent as was the mango chicken. Great guacamole. Only disappointment was the salsa - no kick and tons of onions. Outside seating option is nice.