“Amazing Food Surprise Find Italian Express Pizzeria!”

Italian Express Pizzeria
Ranked #4 of 3,402 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the World Famous - Italian Express Pizzeria. Featured on the Food Network's - "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri. We offer the Best Italian Food, Pizza, Pasta, and Seafood in Boston! All dishes are made-to-order from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. We use only the Finest and Freshest ingredients in all of our meals. Enjoy our delicious food by eat-in, take-out, delivery, and catering. We have a beautiful dining room with lively music and a seasonal outdoor patio. We pride ourselves on serving the "Best Food for the Best Value"! Also, make sure you checkout our extensive Drink Menu that includes: Wine, Beer, Sangria, Martinis, Cocktails, and Cordials. We look forward to serving you soon and becoming your new favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria!
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Visiting Boston from the Bay Area in California, we were almost too tired to even eat, but starving. We wanted Boston's North End authentic homemade pasta, but didn't want the tourist crowds. My daughter found this restaurant online within walking distance, so we decided to go here.
BEST HOMEMADE FETTUCCINI IN THE WORLD!
BEST HOMEMADE EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA EVER!
SAUCES OUT OF THIS WORLD!
RIDICULOUSLY HUGE SERVINGS!
GREAT PRICES!
And a surprise homemade Cannoli to put us over the top that was the BEST Cannoli that I ever tasted! And I've definitely had my share of Cannolis.
Thank you, Jim and staff! Your place felt very homey and relaxing after a stressful day and we cannot wait to come back! Great experience. (p.s. can't leave out the super crisp and tasty salad added in.)

1  Thank rkguidi

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Incredible authentic Italian food, locally owned, homemade pasta, cozy & intimate atmosphere, known for their amazing food so much that they’ve been featured on the Food Network many times. We went based on TripAdvisor reviews and were very impressed. My husband looked at me and said “You did it again! You always seem to find the best places to eat wherever we go!” Lol. Thank you Jim for such a treat this evening. It was out of this world! My only regret is that I didn’t have room for dessert.

1  Thank sissy f
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Service was wonderful. Food was amazing!
I ordered an eggplant parmesan sandwich. I had never tasted eggplant cooked that way. Also the marinara sauce was very good!The wall is covered with photos of celebrities who have dined here. Small intimate restaurant, worth the wait!

1  Thank cyrinay
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were staying in East Boston and had learned about Italian Express on DDD. We walked over for dinner and were we EVER surprised. Between our two visits we had the homemade ravioli, Frutti di Mare (with homemade Fettuccine), Antipasto salad, fettuccine and meatballs and a pizza. EVERYTHING we tried was incredible. Finding this great little restaurant was the highlight of our stay in Boston. One of the owners, Jim, was serving us the first night and was such a great guy offering us tips of the cities. Oh and the Cannoli - my daughter loved it SO much she had it both visits!!!!

1  Thank Mommyof2Girlies
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Wow. This little jewel served us the best Italian food we’ve ever eaten. We are in Boston for the week and found this place the first night. After an amazing meal and great hospitality from Jim and his staff, we decided that we are heading back for another meal before we head back home. This is a must do while in Boston. Forget all the north end places. You won’t be disappointed. Do not forget the cannoli!!! It’s a must have.

1  Thank Don N