“The food is real bad.”

Tavern In The Square Allston
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern In The Square Allston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,085 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tavern in the Square is a neighborhood restaurant & bar focusing on great food & beverage, sports, entertainment, atmosphere and outstanding service.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The food is really bad and expensive for what it is. The drinks are expensive too. This is a bar with a good dance floor, I'm not really sure why they serve food at all.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We've eaten at Tavern in the Square in Littleton MA several times since it opened and always had a great experience. But the Allston location has a much more limited menu and even things that are on both menus - e.g. the Nachos - are totally different. I'm sure Allston has a happening bar scene many nights but as a restaurant we were disappointed.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

The staff - from the door greeters/hosts to the waitress - were very friendly. We sat at a table next to the open air doors on a pleasant Sunday in April & watched a Red Sox game on one of the many screens. My wife ordered the steak tips & I had the Reuben - both were very good & well complimented by the not ordinary sides of quinoa pilaf & tater tots.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Recently went there for dinner. We had their Fish and Chips. The fish is fried in broken up potato chips - which is different, somewhat tasty, but the batter is a bit dry. We had their Ice Cream Puff for dessert. Unfortunately, the puff was hard even with the ice cream in it. The service was good. Just a place to go in a pinch. I am not a fan. Did I mention how noisy it is? NOISY.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

This was our first experience here. Brunch was great, the service was exceptional (THANK YOU Mary Kate) The brunch is laid out to minimize lines and everything flowed smoothly. The omelet station had a twist I've never seen - the waitress gives you a ticket with your table number and name, after perusing the station, you place your order - then go get other food or a drink, instead of standing in line. Your omelet is brought to your table when it's ready - GENIUS. Breakfast foods and lunch foods are on separate sides of the room - again, reduces the lines. The only "complaint" I had was the cupcakes: they looked beautiful, but were a bit dry and not a lot of flavor. But there were plenty of other desserts to satisfy my sweet tooth. Even on Mother's Day - this brunch is at the top of the list.