“Great spot off Copley Sq.”
Review of The Salty Pig

The Salty Pig
Ranked #109 of 3,403 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Description: Located in Back Bay/ South End
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Loved the menu. Go big or small your choice. Their charcuterie was to kill for. We had the Pig Head Mortadella, Pâté de Campagne and cheese for starters. The mains were the glazed ribs, the pork tasting and Margherita pizza. Bootle of house french red wine and excellent. Very good service and a nice welcome.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I loved my board with homemade charcuterie, salad and pickles. The drinks are imaginative and delicious - they only have a wine/beer/cordial license but have creative drinks anyway. The pizza looked amazing and I'd like to go back soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2015

The Salty Pig is located across from the T at Back Bay. It was an excellent place to eat - I had a turkey sandwich (I'm not a pork eater) and my husband had a pig plate. The portions were smaller than I expected, but the quality of the food was great. The atmosphere was really nice. I do, however, wish that I had ordered a pizza after watching several other people's go by. Oh well, maybe next time.

Reviewed 12 March 2015

Had an overall great experience at the Salty Pig! My sisters and I greatly enjoyed the clam appetizer (there was a shortage on mussels that day), polenta and potato gnocchi. For our charcuterie and cheese board, we got both prosciuttos and the gouda and storm cheeses. All of the food was absolutely wonderful. The hostess was very pleasant and patient, but the restaurant is very small and it's very awkward while you're waiting for a table to open up. I appreciated the hostess' attitude and honesty about the wait time, though. No reservations for parties under 6 people, so we left the night of our first attempt to get in and returned another day at an earlier time. The wait was still 45 minutes, but the food was certainly worth the wait. Our waitress, however, was less than thrilled to be there. Dropped the check with no mention of dessert and overall didn't have much to say/offer to us. I would return if I were ever in Boston again, but a more friendly server definitely would have really taken our experience from very good to excellent.

Reviewed 2 March 2015

I love the Salty Pig. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Boston. It boasts a small, well-cultivated beer list, awesome charcuterie, excellent pizzas, delicious lunchtime sandwiches on Iggy's bread, and their hidden secret weapon, some of the very best pasta dishes around. I can't exaggerate how good the pasta is here; the noodles are fresh-made, and the sauces boast the same high-quality meats that made Salty Pig's other dishes famous.

Part of me wants to tell everyone else to avoid the Salty Pig so that there's always a seat for me at the bar. But, the better part of me knows that I should tell you all that you're missing out on one of Boston's great culinary treasures if you don't hit up The Pig.

1  Thank Amy B