US$329
US$255
InterContinental
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$301/night.

US$324
US$219
US$209
Official Site
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$215
US$261
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
4,680 results
All reviewseastern standardfenway parkisland creek oyster barkenmore squarefenway roomboston universityfront deskred sox gamejunior suitehouse of bluesroom servicegreen linefavorite hotelwonderful hotelsitting areathe entire staffroom was spacious
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth due to its proximity to Boston University where our daughter is a student. The hotel is very charming and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. This is real old-world boutique hotel with all the updates and modern conveniences. The room was a comfortable size, there was a new flat screen tv, a very comfortable bed and newly updated bathroom with excellent products. It was a great experience and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewYorkLeslie_22
Reviewed 16 May 2011

The staff was nice but not overly personable. My husband forgot his AAA card and they did not want to offer us the extra 5% off at check in, a bigger deal was made about this than I found necessary. They wanted us to get a copy of the card emailed to them- with nobody home this was impossible!I did not love the hotel entrance that you had to go up a set of stairs but the furnishings and such were lovely. I liked the key access in the elevators this gave a nice sense of security. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was very nice. The room was very comfortable, the only thing I did not love was the bed scarf and skirt but the furniture in general was nice. We did not receive turn down which I was surprised about and there was no coffee in the morning in the room or lobby. We did receive a nice note from the hotel for our anniversary and a bottle of wine. The FRESH bathroom products and water pressure in the shower were my favorite parts. My husband was a bit disturbed when he grabbed a bottle of the water from the mini bar(no price list in site) and was charged $7 for it- this seems outrageous! Most nice hotels are offering complimentary water these days from my experience. Overall, a nice hotel but did not feel any warmth from the staff, which I have experienced at other hotels. Will probably try something else next time I am in Boston

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Because of work, I travel to Boston twice a month and stay at this amazing place. This is not just comfortable but everything about this place is unmatched. The service, the luxury, the rooms and the amenities: a class apart! If i were to pick up on something, it would be the internet connectivity which becomes overloaded and unreachable with the number of guests lodged.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Elegant room, spacious seating area, king bed, generous bathroom. Better than home.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2011

The Hotel Commonwealth is a Kenmore Square, at the Kenmore Square T station, across the street from the Citgo sign. The hotel has a great staff, comfortable Junior suite rooms with a nice separation between bed and work area, comfortable bed, and a wonderful location. A few quibbles - the breakfast in the hotel restaurant was not great, and the hotel sold better coffee in the corridor. I ate breakfast once and was the only person in the restaurant lat 8:00 AM - I guess others felt the same. There is, luckily, a Dunkin' Donuts on the same block. There was no coffee maker in the room. There is a little fitness room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business