“Great cup of chowder ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve been to Boston many times and never miss having chowder while we’re there. We were looking for a new place and found Boston Sail Loft. On the harbor, quaint, established restaurant run by a friendly family. The owner personally greets you and the chowder was spectacular.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Knew of the big name restuarants on the waterfront but was told by a local this one was as good and cheaper. Of course I got clam chowder and a lobster roll since I was in Boston and it was really good. Best chowder I had in my whole stay in Boston and they literally overflow you cup or bowl. Lobster roll was served cold which to me seemed odd but is normal and it was good also. Place sits on the water and is small but well worth a stop in.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

There are so many seafood restaurants in the north end. We chose this one and are very glad we did. The clam chowder was unreal. It's not out of a can. It was creamy and so delicious. My husband had the lobster and it was very tender. The fried clams were fresh and the lobster mac was full of lobster. Service was excellent. It was noisy, but only by the bar.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Was a loud bar scene more so than a nice place to have dinner. My salad was nothing special. I had much better cod the night before at Atlantic Fish on Boylston. This place is only highly rated because it is affordable and on the water

Reviewed 10 November 2017

One of the best customer experiences I've ever had.

My partner and I went for lunch on a Monday.
We were seated and our order was taken immediately, and drinks were promptly served.
After 5 minutes or so the waitress came by and double checked on our order.
After 5 more minutes, the gentleman who had greeted and seated us (owner/manager I suppose?) came by, apologised because we had not been served yet, and said that the meal was going to be on him. The reason was the waitress was on her first day and didn't input the order in the system. This was a little more than 10 minutes after we had been seated.
We were frankly surprised, it had never happened to me before to have someone apologise for such a short delay, let alone offer to buy us the entire meal.
Extraordinary.

Food was excellent, ambiance is warm, waterfront location is rather nice.
Customer service, as told, was impeccable.