“Superb Oysters”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Ave.
Transit: Aquarium Station (Blueline)
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods - really fresh fish. Enjoy ocean-side dining just steps from the New England Aquarium. Our restaurant couldn't be more convenient to the Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall and waterfront hotels. We think a visit to Boston must include a meal at Legal Sea Foods. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there's no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We've received a boatload of accolades including "Most Popular Boston Restaurant" (Zagat, 2011/2012), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Improper Bostonian, 2010), "Best Chowder" (Boston Magazine, 2010), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Located next door to the New England Aquarium. We had spent hours battling the crowds in the aquarium and need a bite of something. We were hot and tired and wanted something simple and refreshing. What better than oysters on the half shell. We were on a road trip through costal Maine and down to Massachusets and had tried oysters at several restaurants. Legal Seafoods was serving a choice of five different locally sourced oysters in their raw bar. And these were the absolute best that we found anywhere on our trip. Perfectly shucked with no bits of shell. Briming with oyster liquour and tasting of the ocean. Delicious. We had a salad on the side but could have skipped the greens and gone with another dozen oysters. Our servers, Alison and Sharron (sisters) helped us pick exactly what we wanted. Excellent service and would recommend (even though Legal Sea Foods is a chain)

Write a ReviewReviews (4,381)

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised - probably the best lobster roll I had (I tried 5 different places!). Delicious mixed drink as well. Right on the waterfront. Will return next time I'm in town!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband went here for our first east coast lobster! I ordered the smallest but it was still too big for me i didnt even finish it. Our waiter was very kind and attentive, he gave us a demo how to eat the lobster. We will come back.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Ate at Copley location. A large busy restaurant in a great location. Lobster dinner was delicious. Good service at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Because I am from a coastal area where seafood is abundant, I rate the meal I had (grilled shrimp, scallops,fish) as average. It was overcooked and had the slightly rubbery. The jasmine rice was simply white rice that sorely needed something else. The seaweed salad was good. Nothing was outstanding. Sorry but as I said, the service was good and the atmosphere nice. Food average.

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!