“Average”

Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Description: A cool, unique Brewery-Restaurant located across from Fenway Park since 1992. Boston Beer Works has 15 in-house brewed beers on tap at all times, and a food menu featuring over 90 variations of freshly prepared American foods including pub classics and unique specialties.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Boston Beer Works has several locations. I've been to the one at Fenway for drinking, and checked this location out as I was hungry.For food, I had the lunch specials. They are smaller in portions, and also reasonable in price. I went with the half sandwich and half soup combo.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We headed here after a Red Sox game and it was fantastic! They were a little busy, but they were quick and efficient. We had people in our group from Ohio, Indiana, New York, and Delaware. It was a great experience with great beer and even better food. The locals down there are also great! Definitely a place to eat in the city.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We made a quick stop here before the game....

Our waitress was really not that great... we had to wait too long for service, she didn't know the menu, forgot part of the order and we had to find her to pay our bill.

Had a flight of beer... I liked 50% of them.... but beer is a personal thing so I don't hold that against them

Food was average and kind of what we expected. It was a little above traditional "bar food".

Overall I would say it is an average place. Really close to Fenway Park if you want to get a bite to eat before the game.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Always a pregame ritual. We had the fried pickles and fall beer flights; both highly recommended. For an entree I had the blackened swordfish tips. Also very delicious and a good portion size.

For beer the fall flavors were great. Def recommend the Pie-pa, cookie stout and the dinkel.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

After touring Fenway Park we had time to sit, relax and visit. Beer Works is just across the street from the Park. Being our first trip to Boston and not know the area it seemed an obvious choice. We met a gentleman that indicated they always eat at Beer Works before every game..."Can't beat it" he said. We were excited about our choice especially after receiving our food! We ordered chicken quesadilla and loved it. Possibly the best we have had! Topping off our meal with a Big Dig Brownie also looked awesome so we tried that out as well. Wow! I don't remember eating brownies/ice cream and whipped topping that tasted so good! We really should have ordered the brownies first and then determined if we had 'room' for a meal. Awesome! Don't miss out!