“Hallelujah!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Neighbourhood: Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Reviewed 24 December 2016

This is delicious BBQ that is the best that I've had. After a day of suffering through holiday shopping, it was a treat to visit Pit Stop Barbecue, where the staff were genuinely friendly. The tiny place was packed with other hungry meat eaters and everyone was happy to share their recommendations for the great food. My take out order arrived fast. The aroma whet my appetite. I selected a slab of pork ribs and a slab of beef ribs with sauce on everything. The portions were really big; the ribs had lots of meat on the bone. Six adults attacked the food and everyone ate to their hearts' content. I have to confess that this morning I enjoyed a leftover rib for breakfast....it was that good!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is a tiny hole in the wall that lovingly prepares simple and delicious barbecue. There is one table inside and in good weather a place to sit outside. In less you are in a hurry your best bet is take out as most patrons.
Check their schedule is is not open every day.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Let's be fair for a moment....Mattapan and Dorchester get a very bad rap for being a "not so safe" neighborhood, particularly at night. Its a very sad case, regrettably.

Now, during the day, 100% should not be missed for their respective local cuisines.

Now, the actual story: Cutting through this area to get to Newton, we know of this BBQ joint for YEARS but never stopped there as it was never convenient. Finally, we had the chance to do it. Holy Crap! I can't believe what I have been missing out for all this time!

I'm 100% serious.... there is not a bad dish on their extensive menu! NOT ONE BLEEPING THING! If I had a second stomach, I would asked for even more than what I consumed. I'm serious! The smoker is right outside this tiny joint, and the smell is enough to make ANYONE stop fighting and run to this place like a Zombie!

We were there for nearly 2 hours talking to the staff, and everything there is made my scratch... NOTHING IS FROZEN, Pre-prepared, OR CANNED! The sweet (and beautiful) woman who we talked to made her own Cole Slaw recipe, and it was amazing.

I can talk for hours about how awesome this place is, but you need to go there to experience it for yourself

Reviewed 5 July 2016

When I visited Pit Stop several years ago, the food was awful. I ordered small ends (ribs) and they were so fatty that I ended up throwing them away. I vowed never to return because at that point, the food was getting worse. Not many places to go for good BBQ in Boston so I decided to give them one of more chance. Voila, the food was INCREDIBLE. The small ends were meaty with lots of flavor and the beans and potato salad were AWESOME. They must have heard the complaints and obviously, took action.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Amazing take out only place, the brisket and ribs are our favorite! The spicy rice is no joke! The sweet potatoes are like dessert and the Mac and cheese is heavenly. They do nothing wrong other than run out of things sometimes because they cook on an actual pit. It is legitimate pit bbq with a guy sitting next to the pit cooking. No microwaves in this place!