“Weekend Dining”
Review of Venezia

Venezia
Reserve with OpenTable
Venezia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Cross street: Neponset Circle
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Bar tender was great with all services. When we were seated, our waiter was extremely frustrated with the number of customers that he had, by the way it wasn't many tables.

He rushed us to take our orders. we took our time with our food order. Food was very good, atmosphere and view of the bay were great.

We will return again in the near future and will not allow that waiter to service our table of four ever again. Probably should have just had our meals at the bar were the service was professional, friendly and very fast.
$$$

All in it was a good selection for dining and plenty of free parking.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Very surprised to secure a table of four at the height of the dinner time at the last minute on a holiday weekend. The restaurant exceeded everyone of our expectations.
A very clean establishment located on the water provided a beautiful setting. The entire staff was friendly, professional, and above all, the model of efficiency.
Most importantly the food was outstanding. All the seafood was especially fresh. We look forward to our return trip.

1  Thank Jquinn3283
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went here for the first time on a Thursday night. The place was quite busy, but we were seated right away. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful with a great water view. Our waiter was awesome and very helpful with the menu and had a great smile the whole evening. We ordered drinks first which were great. I ordered the pan seared scallops that had pieces of bacon on them and was served with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Can I just say that I was in heaven and have told everyone about my great meal. It is one of the best meals I have every had. My husband had the haddock, which was great and my daughter had the chicken parm, which she said was great also. My only wish would be to live closer so we could go again. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Bellinghamfrog
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We come to Boston area once a year. This is our one high class call while we're here. The food and service are always very good. It's a bit expensive but special things tend to be.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I really wanted to like this place, and feel horrible about writing a less-than-stellar review, but I've got to say, our night at Venezia was not all that stellar either. There are a lot of great things about this restaurant - most of all the view of the water. It's really lovely! There is also ample parking and a menu full of what look to be VERY delicious offerings.

Unfortunately, poor service really ruined the experience. There was a bad vibe at Venezia the night we went (a Thursday). The hostess in the front seemed to want to injure every person she came in contact with, and our waiter was a disaster. It was week two of the "Dine Out Boston" menu (which we were really excited about - a great deal that would allow us to try three different courses from a menu at a place we'd never been before!) Our waiter was extremely vocal in telling us how much he HATED this "restaurant week" menu and how awful it was that the servers had to do three times the work for the price of one entree. He made me feel down right guilty for ordering it!

My boyfriend asked for water without ice. He got it with ice. Then our appetizers were brought out wrong and as I have a mollusk intolerance and literally could NOT eat the clam chowder even if I wanted to, we had to wait for my arancini to be brought out still cold on the inside.

The entrees were very good - highly recommend both the brisket and the orecchiette pasta with sausage. But the tiramisu was something that was formerly frozen, not made fresh.

Finally, when the bill was brought out there was another mistake which we spoke out about and had fixed.

I only list the little things which occurred because the combination of all of them added up to a poor experience. We left with no desire to come back. Based on other good reviews we've heard of this place, however, we're hoping it was just a bad night for the staff.

2  Thank P6804BLcm

Been to Venezia? Share your experiences!