“Neighborhood Spot”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Description: Currently Closed Due To Recent Fire.
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I've been coming to Thornton's for many, many years! It's my favorite place to meet a friend for a quick bite to eat or drink for lunch. It has a neighborhood feel, a good menu and a nice selection of beers on tap. The service is always good and I'm looking forward to my next visit in Boston.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I'm sure that lots of the food here is delicious, but my daughter and I went for brunch on a Sunday afternoon. We found it an easy walk from the Verb and from the Northeastern campus. I and the spinach and sausage omelette and my daughter had the french toast. Mine came with potatoes and toast, hers with fruit. Normally she will leave much of an order like this half eaten: not this time - too good. Thornton's is friendly and well appointed and clean. Too rainy for the deck the day we went but there are lots of tables there. I highly recommend a stop there if you are in the Fenway area.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Nice outside Atmosfere, friendly -fast service, clean and spacious.
We had the Greek salad, Prisis parmigiana burger both very large portions enough to share !
Best compliment is that it's a great meet for lunch & chat w friends. Where food is not the focus although it was good too.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stopped in Thornton’s two days ago for a drink and burger before the James Taylor concert at Fenway. Very convenient location for Fenway and casual, clean place. The wait staff are BUSY but they get the job done in a very friendly way. My wife and I both had burgers and they were very good. (for some reason we have had burgers a few times in the last week or so, and these were the best, even though expectations from some of the other places were higher). Our waitress (Catherine?) was exceptional. Due to timing of when we arrived and the crowd before the concert, we got seated later than we expected (not their fault at all) so we didn’t have too much time before we had to leave for the concert. Catherine somehow figured that out without us saying a work and got the menus to us instantaneously, took our order and our burgers were out in no time. Really incredible service from Catherine (and she was busy with other tables also, she just got it and moved!) The burgers were prepared as we requested and tasted delicious. Great place, great wait staff, good atmosphere, would go there again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Irish_in_NY
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Went here after a Red Sox game with a large group. We sat outside which was perfect. Service was awesome and food excellent. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank grdnT