“Best burrito in town”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Description: We offer authentic Mexican food prepared in our kitchen daily using only the freshest ingredients, the same way we've been doing for over 12 yrs. Our taqueria offers more than just the ordinary tacos & burritos. Make sure not to miss the ever-popular "El Guapo" burrito made with grilled steak, rice, black beans, fried plantains, jack cheese and our in house made fire roasted salsa.
Reviewed 7 November 2016

This is my go to for Boston burritos. Love this place! I got with the green hot sauce. I get it both on the burrito and on the side. Authentic, fresh, and amazingly satisfying.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We waited a long time mostly because the wait staff was not efficient and lost our order. That can happen. The food was only mediocre. There were other restaurants left and right that we'd like to try next time.

1  Thank GailGermany
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Very Cheap and lots of food. The meat didn't taste like there was any seasoning at all and being from New Mexico, we do know what Mexican seasoning tastes like. Chicken Quesadilla, was over done chicken with some cheese on tortillas. The pork was almost tasteless, the refried beans probably were out of a can with some cheese on top and the Mexican rice was just some yellow rice. Really not very authentic and Taco Bell would have been a better choice and I don't consider that Mexican food.

1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I went in for a quick lunch and came away with a totally mediocre meal. I had ordered a single chicken taco which was dry and not well spiced and an order of the taquitos which is totally unmemorable. There were so many recommendations on Yelp, I was surprised and definitely disappointed. With so many choices in the area, they either to need to stay on top of their game ( based on all the positive reviews) or give it up to the competition sitting right next door.

1  Thank Vision101
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Great tacos in Boston, fun and funky. Mexican inspiration but great individual creativity. El Pelon is unique in New England.

Been to El Pelon Taqueria? Share your experiences!