“Great pizza, terrific service, wonderful scene!”
Review of Pastoral

Pastoral
Ranked #272 of 3,403 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Description: Pastoral is a home, a restaurant, and a community and a dream. Dedicated to food and its direct connection to celebration, community, and culture. Providing one of the few human experiences we all have in common. Eating. Sharing at the table, we can open up our senses and our consciences to our place in the world, along with the place of our neighbors. Pastoral runs on a system of organic processes. Built on a foundation of relationships with our community of friends and teachers, hunters and farmers, importers and foragers, wine & beer makers, fishermen, builders, artists, we work to celebrate food and the daily nourishment it provides.
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

By chance we came across Pastoral (ARTisan Pizza, Kitchen & Bar), and ventured in for an early lunch. Within 20 mins the place was full with people queuing to secure a table! We shared a couple of pizzas - both were delicious. In a busy lunchtime crowd there was a great atmosphere and the service was outstanding. Very good drinks menu, which together with the food was really good value. Terrific lunch venue.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Went there today with a few friends for a quick bite and was pleasantly surprised of the quality of the food. Love their thin crust and love their snacks too!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Had lunch at the bar here today. Order was taken quickly and good came quickly, too. I ordered the Vongole Fritte (fried clam) pizza. Good thin crust pizza but the clams were just resting on the pizza, no way to pick it up and eat a clam and pizza, so the clams went as their own course

It was good, but it certainly wasn't $20 good.

Took quite awhile to get the check and to pay.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

So many choices of restaurants in the Seaport District; happy I found Pastoral when looking for a lunch spot. I was delighted to find a lobster roll on the menu which featured mostly Italian cuisine. A bit of a different twist to the lobster roll - the bread is grilled pita and the lobster is not full of mayonnaise. The sandwich is served with pita chips and pickled vegetables. Great value for $20.00. Our server was engaging. As I watched the large personal pizzas go by my table, I knew I would be back for one.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Went here with my husband for a weekday lunch. We were the first to arrive before they opened at 11:30am. The place is casual, with great atmosphere and nice looking bar area.

We loved the food. It was delicious! They have a slightly updated menu so when we went yesterday it wasn't yet updated online. We started with an octopus/pancetta salad with croutons. It was awesome. Then I had the chicken pesto wrap. It was a cold "chicken salad" served at the restaurant, but warmed leftovers at home were even better! My husband had the diablo pizza. Everything was great.

Our server was great. Polite and checked up on us regularly.

The only minor improvements would be that:
1) There were rings on our table and the surrounding tables when we sat down, so they really should wipe the tables down more. I noticed it especially since we were the first people to arrive for the day.
2) They have this big coffee can at each table with the utensils sitting in it. I don't feel like they are super clean sitting in this can. I would prefer the tables set with fresh silverware on top of the available cloth napkins.

These are minor issues. The next time we are in this part of town, we will go back here for lunch or dinner! I would also love to come back and get drinks at the bar.