“Obsessing over the Cream Puffs!”
Review of Modern Pastry Shop

Modern Pastry Shop
Get food delivered
Ranked #2 of 94 Dessert in Boston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North End
Description: One of the oldest bakeries and cafe in Boston - North End serving traditional Italian and American pastries. Also offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails from our restaurant, "Modern Underground"
Reviewed 3 December 2020

I first went to Mike's and got the cannoli, yum but then I went across the street to Modern Pastry and tried the cream puff. OMG!!! Amazing. Orgasmic. the cream, chocolate mousse and some hint of cheese custard or something with the chocolate drizzle is just to die for!

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank kathyaH5458IF
Write a reviewReviews (2,165)

Reviewed 4 November 2020

The staff here at this gem of a pastry shop went above and beyond in terms of customer service and friendliness. We were treated like human beings and they sold me a 5# bag of coffee beans which they didn't have to do. My wife and I will be life long customers for sure.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank jasonwP7975PH
Reviewed 3 October 2020

It was an impromptu walk through North End before we headed to the New England Aquarium. Was I happy we did! I had the Egg Benedict...AMAZING, my husband had a Veggie Omelet...WONDERFUL! I should have gotten a tee shirt to advertise this great little place. Don't forget a few dozen delicious Italian cookies for the road.

3  Thank Haircutter1
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

I wish I could go back just to have breakfast here again. The staff was friendly & the place smelled so good with all of the fresh pastries. So nice to be in an authentic Italian bakery AND be served a delicious breakfast on top of it. 10/10.

1  Thank 189courtneyd
Reviewed 11 September 2020

The pastry shop has the feel of old world Italian . The tiramisu was great and cappuccino as well. Visited a lot of pastry shops as the restaurant do not serve desserts

2  Thank Michael M