“Delicious!”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North End
Description: One of the oldest bakeries and cafe in Boston - North End serving traditional Italian and American pastries. Also offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails from our restaurant, "Modern Underground"
Reviewed 13 September 2021

We made it a point to come to Modern Pastry Shop for the cannoli and it was incredible! We loved that it was the perfect size and the texture was delicious. In addition, we also tried an Amaretto and a Red Velvet cupcake and both were amazing. We found ourselves at Modern Pastry several times during our trip to Boston and even returned to Texas with a delicious dark chocolate cashew turle!

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank thattexascouple
Write a reviewReviews (2,158)

Reviewed 8 September 2021

OMG.... this place is incredible. We came for the cannoli, but wow the beauty of the pastries is almost overwhelming. Modern is down the street from Mike's. I've eaten at both. Modern wins. I didn't know a cannoli was supposed to be crispy. They were great. Bring cash because they don't accept anything else. Leave happy! The people were nice too.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

Incredible pastries!! Modern pastries hands down has some of the best in all of Boston.
Absolutely incredible food and totally recommend. Loved the cheesecake and their croissants are perfect to bring home and heat back up for the fresh taste.
They blow Mikes pastries out of the water!

1  Thank 24devyn
Reviewed 23 August 2021

The line outside says it all... this place is fabulous! Truly, I would have liked one of everything, but I wouldn't have been able to fit into anything I own if that was what I bought.

I got some sort of Ricotta Peve or Pave that was out of this world and the black and white cookie was the best I've ever tasted.

1  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed 22 August 2021

...you know it is good, and it is. Great chocolate mousse and chocolate cannolis. We shared a pack of 4 or 6 and we all got to same the pastries. Excellent choice for dessert or breakfast.

1  Thank tosl