5,041 results
All reviewssouth stationfire stationsoaking tubthe club loungeseparate showerwater viewchildren's museumthe financial districtbeautiful hotelroom servicecity viewthe north endquincy marketconcierge deskmini barfaneuil hallfitness center
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I am what must call a road-warrior for the last 9 years and thus I have stayed at many Intercontinental Hotels in the past and the Boston property is a relatively nicely appointed one, with nice staff and good food options. In general, a consistent chain but no clear character that makes it stand out.
My only bad experience was losing a piece of personal property that was only used inside the room on my first night where I stayed for three nights, which after realizing that it was no longer in my room by the end of day two I had little to no assistance from this hotel. One can only wish that there would be a process to formally report this type of events but no such luck...and to make matters worse my own company doesn't have policies to cover personal losses during the conduction of business. Bottom line: no matter how rushed you are...keep track of your belongings even if you are the only one using the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view unit.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Javier Ander Z
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear xavierCT75,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Boston.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I recently made a reservation online for a business meeting in Boston with Intercontinental. After my business plans changed, I called the hotel to cancel my stay (more than a week notice). I was told that because I paid in full at the time of reservation, that I could not get a refund for my cancelled stay.

This is very poor business practice and customer service. This hotel is basically telling me that if you pay ahead, you will be penalized if plans changed. I understand that there may have been some fine print that I should have have paid more attention to. But I was used to easy transactions with hotels like Marriott, so this staunch refusal of refund was a shock. You must be fair to your potential customers and Intercontinental does not follow this credo.

Intercontinental not refunding my $506.53 because my travel plans changed is wrong. I am very disappointed with this hotel and will let my company travel agent (we have a home office in Boston) know to stick with the Marriott (which we most often use) as Intercontinental hotel chain is difficult to work with (especially with business travel plans so frequently changing).

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank jhart88888
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear jhart88888,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you regarding this matter. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Great location, wonderful modern rooms, beautiful bathrooms, very comfortable beds. True, it is expensive, but it is just perfect. Ask for a waterfront room: it is more quiet and you will have a wonderful view.

Room Tip: waterfront room, e.g. 1145
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank turtlezurich
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Many hotels relegate the fitness center to a room off to the side with no view. Not the InterContinental, which sports a gym with floor-to-ceiling windows that look out onto Atlantic Avenue.

The gym included bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, weights and an assortment of yoga equipment.

The rest of the hotel has a comfortable, dark-wood decor. My room had a bathtub to complement the shower.

This hotel is only a few blocks from South Station.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
ICBoston, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Jaypo7,

Thank you for your detailed review of our location, guestrooms and Fitness Center. We believe that our guests should work out in an inspiring setting and are delighted you enjoyed the welcoming environment of our Fitness Center. We now offer fun fitness classes during the week and suggest you try a class the next time you stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your future visit!

Best,

Michael Ditterline
Director of Rooms at InterContinental Boston
michael.ditterline@ihg.com

Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

I recently had a two night stay at the Intercontinental Boston and had a very good experience. The hotel lobby is very impressive, big, and clean. Front desk staff was pleaseant and anwsered all question we had about the hotel. The room was very modern and had very good features. Staff was very pleaseant and willing to lend a helping hand.

However there were a few things about this hotel that i was not pleased with. First of all $40 a day to park your car is down right ridiculous never have i had to pay nearly close to that to have my car parked. I have stayed at the Intercontinental in Tampa FL and parking was free if u did it yourself and only $20 to valet. Also the sliding glass wall betweem the bathroom and sleeping areas was dowm right weird. It looked great and made for a very modern open looking room, but also led to a few embarrasing moments. I might suggest a small latch type lock to be placed on the inside (the bathrrom side of the wall) to help prevent someone from the sleeping area opening the walp and making for awkward embarrisng moments while one is using the the restroom. Another thing i was not pleased with was the $15 a day for internenr access, which i believe should be free.

Other then those slite pdoblems it was a very comfortable stay. A bit pricey but worth the money for a luxury stay. I would definatly stay with them again.

• Stayed: January 2013