“Very new, modern. Try the truffle fries!”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 November 2009

I got this hotel on hotwire, so I did not actively choose it, I just ended up with it based on the great price/star rating ratio.

I don't know what list price is on the rooms, but I got in for about 180 and it was totally worth it. Great room. Super bathtub! The healthclub was completely empty when I went, but we swam in the pool anyways. I don't know what "list" price is on the rooms, but it really is a great place to be.

Location wise: it's on the water, near the financial zone. Not in a particularly cute part of boston, but certainly efficient enough and easy to get everywhere you want to go.

I stayed on a saturday and there were at least 3 different wedding "cliques" operating in the busy bar in the lobby. If you don't like that kind of noise or crowd in the lobby, avoid this place in spring/summer on a weekend!

The restaurant in the lobby seemed to be open all night and provided us with some of the best late night munchies I've ever had: A big basket of truffle-oil french fries! I've since tried to get them other places and even make them myself but they come up short to that memory. Order them! You won't be sorry!

All in all, this hotel seems like a cross between a boutique hotel crossed with a hilton. If you get a good rate, you definitely won't be sorry!

And even if you don't stay there, but you find yourself nearby in the middle of the night... try those truffle friels!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dothereo
ICBoston, Carrie Flynn, Asst. Marketing Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2010

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay InterContinental Boston. Miel “Brasserie Provençale” not only offers exceptional food but also a unique dining experience. The French inspired menu focuses on herbs, lavender, honey and olive oil, all prepared by our new chef de cuisine, Devanand Chinta. Chinta is respected for his culinary experience with famous French chefs and has allowed for Miel to become a top dining destination on the waterfront. I hope you have the chance to stay at our hotel and visit Miel again in the future. The truffle oil French fries are a favorite of many, I’m glad you enjoyed them!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,686)

Reviewed 13 November 2009

I had a great stay in this hotel. Although I can see that this hotel may be expensive I was lucky enough to get a late deal on priceline making it very affordable. The staff were extremely helpful and made me feel very welcome at the hotel.

In terms of location, the hotel is very close to South Station for access to the "T". This was also very useful for me as I arrived in the city by bus to South Station and will also be good for those arriving by train. It is possible to walk to a lot of places on interest in under 10 minutes from the hotel however if I went again I would make more use of the T as it was very easy to access. I probably did too much walking but this was more by choice that necessity.

The best thing about the hotel was the gym. The facilities were great! I especially liked the iced water that had a different kind of fruit in it each day to add taste. The only downside for the gym was that there was no direct access to the pool from the changing rooms. This wasn't a huge problem though.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your review of the InterContinental Boston. I am happy to hear the convenient location of the hotel eased your commute from the bus station. It is great to hear that you took advantage of the health club and spa, at 6,600 square feet this is a great amenity for our guests. I am glad the facilities met your needs.

Reviewed 11 November 2009

I've stayed at this hotel twice now, once for business and once for pleasure.

If you are going to Boston for business purposes, particularly in the financial district is ideal. On my most recent stay for work, I was able to walk two blocks to get to the office which given Boston traffic was a huge bonus.

I also utilized their fitness center, and enjoyed my city view while running on the treadmill.

If you are planning to visit Boston for leisure reasons, I'd likely recommend hotels that are closer to tourist areas, such as the Back Bay area. I did however stay here a few years back for a wedding, and we all enjoyed the accomodations and the bar area : )

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the InterContinental Boston. Our hotel is accommodating to business travelers by offering a peaceful and productive workspace in your room, as well as a 24/7 business center access. The hotel’s proximity to Boston’s main attractions, including Faneuil Hall and the North End, is ideal for leisure travels, as well. More tourist sites such as Back Bay are easily accessible via public transportation. The train, or “T”, is only two blocks away from the InterContinental Boston.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

The room was large clean, and comfortable. The bath was huge. The staff was competent and friendly. The location was great. Only drawback was the restaurant, but everyone knows not to eat at hotel restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Puggie2

Thank you for your review of the InterContinental Boston. The hotel offers three distinct food and beverage options with international tastes and décor, setting us apart from standard hotel restaurants. The unique restaurants include Miel "Brasserie Provençale", Boston’s first Provence themed brasserie, RumBa rum themed cocktail bar, offering a Caribbean themed atmosphere, and Sushi- Teq, a chic sushi and salsa bar. Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff; I hope they were able to offer you an exceptional experience here.

Reviewed 3 November 2009

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Boston as part of our honeymoon before venturing up to Bar Harbor, ME. The check in staff were one of the best I've come across on my travels over the last few years - always a smile, nothing was a problem. I must also say that all the staff were excellent and a credit to the Intercontinental Group from the doormen to Alison the Concierge. We had split our honeymoon with one night in Boston with a few days up North then coming back for a couple of nights on our return trip. The first night we were lucky enough to have a waterfront/building view (suite) the second part we had a double room overlooking the Boston Fire Station. Both views great! It had a great gym/pool/bar (good Guinness) and an excellent atmosphere which in my humble opinion you sometimes don't get in the larger hotel chains. Can't wait to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arewereallythere

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for your honeymoon. At InterContinental Boston we strive to stand out from competitors by delivering authentic and enriching experiences through a staff that is always “in the know”. We make every effort to offer our guests genuine and personal service. I will make sure to forward your kind words to Alison and the rest of the front office team. I am glad you enjoyed the upscale amenities of the hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again at the InterContinental Boston.