6 people are viewing this hotel
LuxuryCollectionUS$386
Booking.comUS$386
travelup.comUS$497
1,336 results
All reviews old jail charles river clink restaurant beacon hill alibi bar mass general hospital cool hotel hotel guests historic building restaurants and bars amazing hotel hotel lobby checking in corner room upon check valet parking love this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

This is our second year spending summer time at Boston, we only can say that it’s a great (for me the first) option to stay at!

Amazing service, everyone is on looking out to make an outstanding moment at the room, the bar, restaurants, front desk and specially the concierge (Mirko)!

Let them delight you at Boston!!

Reviewed 10 July 2022 via mobile

When your view is a hospital building with clear view into patients rooms, how can this place deserve more than one star? As a life-long Marriot guest and a Marriott Platinum member, I expected better than that.
Very disappointed! Never again and do not recommend.
Here is a picture through my room window.

3  Thank SanDiegoSam
Adam Butner-Burroughs, Guest Services / Front Office at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2022

Thank you SanDiegoSam for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry to see that the room you received did not have a preferred view. We highly value our loyal Marriott Bonvoy Elite guests like yourself and we always do our best to up provide upgrades when available. I am sorry that it was not available for this stay with us. Our rooms that feature views of the city can be booked directly as well - we recommend out Grand Deluxe City View guest rooms which do feature views of Boston skyline and historic Beacon Hill.
We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and provide a room with the view you prefer. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to return.

Reviewed 10 July 2022 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the 4th of July holiday and to visit the local historic landmarks and this hotel was perfect. From the complimentary glass of Rose champagne to the friendly staff to one of the best concierges we’ve ever had, Mark, we had a wonderful experience. Mark was able to get us a reservation at one of the best Italian restaurants in the North End and provided a great suggestion for our dinner in Cambridge. The hotel was perfectly located for walking to all of the major sites and the building is one of a kind.

Room tip: Definitely valet park.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2022 via mobile

Highly recommend the Liberty. First off, don’t let the Marriott affiliation fool you, they are a first class operation. Immediately greeted us with Champaign which isn’t an accommodation I see a lot outside of resorts. The property itself is incredible. It’s actually an old prison that was retrofitted and they play off the theme well. The location is also prime-right at Charles street. I also had an issue with billing when I got the invoice. Marriott customer service is useless, but when I called the Liberty they cleared it up via email—didn’t even have to call. I’m a big fan and will definitely be back.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

Not only was it rundown, we changed rooms twice and one room they put cardboard under the rug to cover a warped floor. The furniture is in ill-repair and multiple cords/extension cords seem dangerous. Cleaning was horrible…layers of dust behind glasses on bathroom counters, spills down the front of the furniture and fingerprints clearly visible. Not okay even pre-covid. Not luxury at all.

Room tip: Stay anywhere else.
1  Thank kateblossom8
Adam Butner-Burroughs, Guest Services / Front Office at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Liberty. I am sorry to learn that we did not pay proper attention to your guest room. This is certainly not typical of a stay with us and contrary to our reputation. Thank you for altering us to these issues so we can take action. If you are able to reach out to us a the Liberty Hotel directly we would be happy to make things right for you.