Seaport Boston Hotel
Official Site
US$282
US$234
5,145 results
All reviewsno tippingthe world trade centerconvention centersilver linegreat hotelhealth clublogan airportwater taxiwithin walking distancebusiness trippublic transportationclose to the airportsouth stationthe north endcorner roomconferencewtc
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Stayed at Boston Seaport Hotel for three days for Easter with my husband and two little boys (4 and 2) and the hotel was very good for us. It is very conveniently located, the room was perfectly clean and big enough for us and the kids had a lot of fun in the pool. We parked the car and did not take it at all during our three day stay, we went everywhere we needed using the T or walking.
We did not use the restaurant or room service.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2011

As I've travelled often in Boston I wasn't sure about the location however, it ended up being very convenient. Tips are included in the price therefore, no nickle and diming and the staff and service was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JMTX
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

Thank you for your review. Often there are assumptions that take years to overcome. You have recognized how convenient the location is and also applaud the quality of service in a service inclusive environment. Thank you for challenging conventional wisdom. Kind regards, James M. Carmody, VP & GM

Reviewed 23 April 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel and normally I write a review after returning home. Unfortunately I have had enough.

All was good on check-in and I thought it would be great, I even got a call 30 minutes later asking if all was OK. The room is OK, nothing special, basic bathroom and an empty minibar, what is the point of having it. One nice touch was a pod type coffee machine.

I then prepared some laundry and it was 6pm so I knew it would not be back until the following night which was fine. I forgot to call housekeeping and asked the reception on the way out if they could arrange, the lady I spoke to was just full of excuses not to help. Why didn't I call myself from the room? (I forgot) Why don't I go back to my room and call? (I am on my way out) Why don't I call in the morning? (I have had no sleep all week as I flew in from SIngapore, I want a lie in and you have to call before 9am to get them picked up), House keeping ca't enter the room with nobody there !!! What, how do they clean it... and it went on and on, luckily someone with an ounce of customer service overheard and said no problem we will deal with it.......

Next day I asked if I could have a late check out for the next day and the lady at reception just said how can we tell, you will have to come back on the day of checkout and ask... That is OK but no need to be rude.

The hotel is full of kids so no chance of any peace and quiet, breakfast is a theme park and not that good either for the money...

I now wish I paid a couple of extra dollars for a decent hotel. This should not be ranked at number 17, I think a problem is that service is included in the price so they don't get tips and the staff just can't be bothered, there are one or two who are very nice but the rest let these ones down.

Location is OK but apart from one or two restaurants not much else around...

This is at best a mediocre hotel, not worth the high rating for service they go on about

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank LeeCSingapore

There is no excuse for poor service and we will follow up directly with our Guest Services agents. This exchanged you describe is counter to all our training and philosophy. A late check out on any day we are scheduled to be full is a challenge but certainly we can provide that answer on request and we always try to accommodate. We provide a working refrigerator in guest rooms with modestly priced bottled water, based on guest feedback. Your visit coincided with school vacation and many families choose Seaport as a convenient base to explore Boston. We have approximately 30 restaurants within a five minute walk in addition to Aura and Tamo within the hotel itself. Please except our most sincere apology for the inappropriate response from our guest services agent. I have spoken with the front office staff personally about this incident and its implications.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

The shuttle that supposedly take you to the market never showed up. They promised me 10-15 min. After 25 min I gave up and was disappointed for all the time I spent outside the hotel waiting for the shuttle.
The health club only opens until 9:00 p.m. However when I got there at 8:45 p.m. it was closed. They told me if no one is there they close!!!!
For all the money that they charged my a night $297 it'd expect better service.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank atraveller091010

Thank you for posting this review. Time is a precious resource and we apologize for contributing to your unproductive time. Our complimentary shuttle service is precise, however, anomalies do occur and while I can’t explain this schedule variance, these are very rare. Thank you for pointing out the early closure of Wave. On weekends, we close at 8 PM as there is little demand after that but on weekdays, closing time is 9 PM. We have reaffirmed our commitment to these hours and early closure, outside of holiday exceptions, is not acceptable. Kind regards, James M. Carmody, VP & GM

Reviewed 12 April 2011

Stayed here for three nights. nice room and bathroom. I was told this is no tipping hotel but later learned all gratuities are automatically put on anyway so in reality it is a forced
tip which I do not like..the lounge staff was slow and I had to wait a long time for a quick bite to eat on one day and very slow in service for drinks. The room and bathroom was very clean. I was not impressed by the breakfast buffett. I entertained a customer and she had to wait a long time to get fresh eggs and that was at 9am...and the restaurant was busy so I do not know why the long wait period to re plenish the breakfast.
I was there for a meeting and the meeting rooms were nice. Food was just ok.nothing special..

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business