3,656 results
All reviews rooftop pool brasserie jo prudential center great hotel cheesecake factory huntington ave floor to ceiling windows newbury street northeastern university subway stop green line south end t station fenway park boston hotel location was perfect visit boston
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just enjoyed a 2 night stay away at the Colonnade
Hotel. We have lived in the Boston area for years but since retiring haven’t been in the city.

We really didn’t know anything about the Colonnade just booked it on Trip Advisor.

We were very pleased with the hotel. Our room was very comfortable, the front desk couldn’t have been nicer and the location with the green line just outside the door was very very convenient. We liked it do much we decided to come back next year for another mini vacation.

I will add ..... skip the very overpriced Jo restaurant at the hotel for breakfast. The service was terrible and the wait way too long. There is an inside mall area across the street with a Dunkin Donuts and Au bon pain where the food is good .... fast and much more reasonable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra E
Reviewed 18 September 2018

This is my third visit to the Colonnade and again it was fantastic. The location is great, all of the staff are very friendly and the rooms are well decorated and comfortable. The parking is very convenient as well. If you stay at the Colonnade you will not be disappointed!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Meghan F
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Never underestimate how vital it is to have staff that treat your clients like they are truly important. Our resent stay at the Colonnade Hotel, Boston had a few disappointments and disruptions. I had looked for a hotel with a lovely rooftop pool and our daughter who was meeting us all the way from Sweden was excited to get some sun! But, our arrival was two days after the pool had been closed for the season and was most disappointing. We had reserved the rooms sometime in advance and we were not advised the pool would not be available. Because of loud and rude guests in a nearby room we were given the option of moving to another room. The hotel has seen better days and really needs a facelift. I had to save the best to last, of course. Location, location! Centrally located and so easy to get around Boston! A nice neighborhood feeling bar and restaurant just off the main lobby with friendly staff. After we had to change rooms Norman drove us to Museum of Fine Art. Norman is very kind and accommodating. But, the man that always greeted us with the most welcoming smile and offering us cold water and asking about our day was Deneke! He is the man that made our stay worth every disappointment and disruption. He made us feel like we were the most important people in Boston! You just don’t find people like Deneke I hope he knows he is what made our stay memorable!

Deborah Hancik

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed there for an accounting software conference at the Hynes Center. I was able to walk to the center in 5-10 minutes, the price was reasonable considering the location and size of the room. Excellent service and loved the roof bar!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
ColonnadeBoston, Guest Relations Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. Thanks for mentioning our great location, and our nicely sized guest rooms. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

This is a very nice hotel in the Back bay area of Boston. It is walking distance to both Amtrak and Northeastern University. My daughter and I stayed there for a few nights during a college visit to the area. Our experience was negative because after our first quiet night a group of young men then occupied the room next to us and loudly played poker using profanity and then the next night threw a noisy party. It became clear the security people at this hotel could not control this group.. At 10 pm the second night of this the hotel moved us to another room, which although I appreciated the resolution was still inconvenient as we had to pack up all our stuff as we were leaving very early the next morning.

I imagine this was not the normal experience at this hotel as it would have otherwise been an enjoyable stay, however I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Susan K

We are so sorry to learn that your recent experience did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the disturbances you experienced from other hotel guests during your visit, as we definitely do not condone parties in our guestrooms. Would you please contact us at gmATcolonnadehotel.com to further discuss your recent experience? We look forward to hearing back from you.