All reviews olive garden manager's reception within walking distance indoor pool recommend this hotel eggs would definitely stay here again shopping and restaurants the staff was friendly and helpful excellent stay room was large bed was very comfortable nice hotel natchez trace parkway the breakfast area gulf shores nice breakfast
Reviewed 29 June 2018

This is a pretty good place to stay,room spacious with good counter space. Could use some repair -rug frayed and walls chipped. One annoying thing - the bathroom fan turns on automatically when you enter and there appears to be no way to just leave the light on at night without the fan on. Also - my room faced the front of the hotel - there were many trucks there with their air on all night making a great deal of noise.

Room tip: Not facing the front of hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018

A clean and comfortable hotel. Room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom vent fan did not work and would get very hot and uncomfortable during shower. Tried to take a nap mid afternoon, but house keeping personal were talking to each other on opposite ends of hallway. The managers reception was a bit lack luster ( visit an Embassy Suite).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I chose the Best Western Tupelo based on its high ratings on TripAdvisor. We had had a very pleasant stay at another local hotel and had no reason to choose a different hotel, but I took a chance when I saw the high ratings. Next time we will return to the other hotel. Here's why:

- We had booked an accessible (handicapped) suite. It was at the very end of the second-floor hallway, a long walk from the elevator. For my relative who struggles to walk, this posed a problem. And why would a handicapped room be far from the elevator?
- We were moved quickly and easily to another accessible room, this one on the first floor and close to the hotel entrance. That helped in terms of walking, and we were grateful. However, we still had to pay the suite rate, despite this being a room and not a suite. The cost was not significantly more, but we were offered nothing to offset the charges.
- The hall carpets were FILTHY, visibly so. Another reviewer noticed the same. A good cleaning would not cost much, and would make a world of difference.
- The room was clean enough, though the carpets were likely dirty too. I did not walk barefoot on them.
- The bathroom floors were sticky, as another reviewer noted, and when I used a tissue to wipe up some spilled water off the floor, the tissue came back dirty.
- The walls are paper thin. Situated across from the laundry area (for hotel linens, not guest laundry), our room was in line to hear all the staff conversations and laughter during the afternoon washing time. I am not criticizing the laughter aspect, but just saying that it was a noisy location that time of day.
- Our room was adjoining, and the guests in that room were hard of hearing, requiring the TV to be turned up very loud. It was distracting at night, but when they turned it on at 4AM, it interrupted our sleep. Again - the paper-thin walls play into this.
- We heard all of the flushing of the toilet above us.
- The employees were adequate but not great, and certainly not "above and beyond." Most of the front-desk personnel were smokers who would take breaks outside periodically, at the front entrance. They were available when needed, but I did not find this very professional. Other employees would smoke in the front, also, while on break.
- One front-desk employee acted indifferent when I said that our TV would not display the network channels (CBS, NBC, ABC). I didn't expect him to know the answer to what was wrong, but he did not send help, which impacted our TV viewing.
- The breakfast was only so-so, but we were grateful that it was offered.

Different people have different expectations of hotels, and perhaps these issues wouldn't bother some travelers. Please know that if thin walls and dirty carpets aren't your thing, you aren't going to love this hotel.

Room tip: Stay on the highest floor to avoid ceiling noise from rooms above you
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

If you are driving through Tupelo, this is the hotel to stay at. This hotel is 5 stars. It is so clean and so pretty and the staff is so nice. Perfect for families with an indoor pool and large free Breakfast. Rooms are large and always very clean. I love the Elvis Memorabilia that decorated the lobby and the entire hotel. The front desk staff is always efficient and so helpful. This hotel stays busy with the tournaments in this busy town, but it is worth the Stay here. Always excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location near restaurants and shopping, and the desk clerk that checked us in was professional and friendly. Those are the only positives I can think of.

The hotel is dirty. First impressions are everything. When we stepped off the elevator onto the fourth floor, the carpets looked like they’d never been cleaned. I’ve honestly never seen such stained carpets in a hotel hallway. Seriously. Maybe it’s because I don’t stay at Best Western hotels. I don’t know.

Also, this hotel has ONE elevator. Four floors. One elevator. Hope you’re not in a hurry.

Walking into our room, it seemed clean enough. However, the tiled areas were sticky so we wore flip flops the entire time. It was nasty!

The shower had tiny black hairs everywhere, and when my 8-year-old pulled the shower curtain back to shower, there was a dirty washcloth and hand towel hanging over the shower curtain rod. *gag* Housekeeping should check everywhere (literally up and down) when they clean the rooms.

There were a lot of young people the night stayed. Doors slamming and running/yelling up and down the hall till at least 12:30 am. Also, it’s on a busy highway so we heard motorcycles and such throughout the night. Not the hotels fault, but bring a sound machine or fan to drown out the noise.

We left before breakfast was started so I can’t speak to that. The pillows were flat. They were not comfortable at all.

I would not recommend this hotel, nor will we return. We will stick with Marriott or Hilton in the future, even if it means driving a bit farther.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ReynoldsWife
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts