US$114
US$89
US$64
US$119
US$84
All reviewsmarriott brand hotelstypical marriott qualitycoloring pagesworkout facilitythe breakfast arearoom was cleankansas citybottled wateran older propertywaffle makerspent one nightplace to staynice staybreakfast attendantroad tripthe entire staffthree nights
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I think all Fairfields are pretty similar but I would rate this one towards the top of the pack. The only thing I didn't like, because I was driving a truck is that you have to make a u turn after getting off the Interstate, not an easy task!

Clean rooms, great staff, typical breakfast

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2017

December 2-3, 2017
The hotel is being refurbished.
The new carpet & room furnishings are wonderful. Very clean. Very comfortable. Excellent bed!
We were in Room 313. Nice large bathroom. Being seniors, we appreciate the extra room and the safety bars.
Breakfast area was very clean & the food was tasty. Good variety. Well presented. Other guests appeared to share our delight in the dining option.
Location was near shopping & many good restaurants. Easy to find.
All the employees we met were very professional, courteous & friendly.
Pool area looked clean & well maintained - several kids were enjoying the water. We did not use the pool on this trip.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor refurbish is complete. Based on other TripAdvisor reviews, I would ask for a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a mixed bag.

Positives: the hotel was clean. The staff was friendly and polite. They were child friendly, bringing my kids coloring pages and crayons. The breakfast area was small but had a good variety of food with several healthy options. The bed and bedding was comfortable. The pool is indoors and well cared for.

Negatives: The color scheme gives me a head ache and seems ill matched. I finally saw pictures in the breakfast area designed to pull the colors together where it wasn't as necessary. It just clashed every where else (lime green and rust orange and black and white) Rooms are small and unattractive. The way they make the beds is like nothing I've seen with the pillows seemingly dumped in the middle of the bed. I personally care about a room "seeming" attractive and welcoming. This hotel fails in this and. honestly, that is because of the color scheme (maybe add pictures like are in the breakfast area to pull the color scheme together?) But also the mismatched microwave (white) and refrigerator (black) grated on me.

In the end. the good really does outweigh the bad but, if it were up to me, I wouldn't likely stay again since I really like a welcoming, attractive room. Ugly colors and mismatched appliances make me feel like I'm in a cheap motel. even if I'm not.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Daisylouwho,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this thorough review of your stay. I'm glad that our friendly staff helped to make your family feel welcome. However, I apologize that our hotel's decor wasn't to your liking. We hope that you won't allow this to keep us from hosting you again in the future.

Shawn M.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a great hotel, in a great location in Topeka. The entire staff is friendly and provides great customer service. I highly recommend staying here when you are visiting Topeka. Contributed by Ed P.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear ejpeabody,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn Topeka. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and you enjoy our friendly staff when traveling to Topeka, KS. Your recommendation is also appreciated. Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Warm wishes,
Monica C.
Property Support Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We spent one night here. We'd recently stayed at a Fairfield Inn in Kansas City and loved our stay at that property, so we didn't hesitate to book with Fairfield in Topeka. Though the hotel was clean and nice, it didn't compare to the KC hotel! It is an older property and the rooms are very small. It was clean and the staff was friendly, so I have no complaints, but was expecting it to be like our stay in KC. It had a nice breakfast and a later check-out (noon), which was very nice since we didn't have to be on our way early the next morning. I'd be willing to stay here again if I'm in Topeka. It's a convenient location and easy to get to dining and shopping.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear rbwildcat,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn Topeka. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel and how you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted to hear that you liked our breakfast, later check out and everything was clean for your stay. Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Sincerely.