“Great place”

Tajima Ramen East Village
Ranked #994 of 4,873 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Brussels Sprouts Tempura, Creamy Chicken and Spicy Sesame Ramen bowls were wonderful. Waitstaff were knowledgeable and helpful. Nice variety of beers on tap. Lovely location. Definitely would return.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

It was poring rain when we decided to stop
for ramen. We had never been here before but we both liked it. Our server was helpful in explaining the different options. Noodles were not mushy. Broth was flavorful. We have had better but this a a good option to satisfy the craving on a cold rainy day.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I never liked Ramen until coming here. Spicy Sesame Ramen is excellent. I try to stop by weekly. People friendly, it's a great place to relax and have a reasonably priced meal.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Honestly, I was not in a good mood BEFORE entering this restaurant, but all of that changed when I got my meal (Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl). It was like a party in my mouth, such a great combination of flavors and textures!

My wife and daughter ordered the Tajima Ramen and Vegan Ramen respectively and theirs were equally great!

I highly recommend this restaurant!!!

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Love!

The food, the service, the location, the local beer on tap. Delicious and delightful and definitely a deal!

We're within walking distance, and we've been here a handful of times. Guess it's high time for me to write my review, then.

I remember when this was another restaurant, owned by a local chef celebrity. I remember thinking it's a tough location, and wondering if any restaurant would thrive there. That one did not, but fortunately, it looks like Tajima is going strong.

Every time we've visited, we're greeted right away and shown to a table or booth (in varying degrees on cleanliness, but they're quick to clean before you sit down.) The staff is friendly and patient, and usually quick to joke with us.

The food is delicious - I've yet to branch out from my usual spicy ramen, but we did add in a spicy tuna hand roll and the kakuni buns our last trip there.

We've enjoyed every morsel we've demolished dining here. I know we'll be back often, especially since they're open late! Plus, they serve nitro beer every once in a while! More of that!

The restaurant itself is very comfortable, with those charming large windows and dark wood tables. I love the feel of the place, and that they have outdoor seating.