“A restaurant with honest food and fair price”

Tajima Japanese Restaurant #2
Ranked #914 of 5,242 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Been to a lot of Japanese restaurants, some have poor quality food, others have 5 star prices but 4 star quality. Traditionally Japanese cuisine is not strong in flavour but clean and healthy with low fat and great presentation. This restaurant comes right in the middle. The quality of food is slightly above average and the taste reflects the same. Presentation is not pretentious but more like home cooking. That is why I termed it 'honest food'. It was satisfying without glamour. Service was swift and friendly and is a great place for family dinning as well as with friends. The atmosphere is easy and comfortable and we all left with satisfied tummies. Will visit again

1  Thank 165Doc

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Great service fast and yummy sushi! Cozy atmosphere and gets busy because it's good and service is quick. Only problem is parking.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

If I have something to say about this place, I believe service needs more polishing. Our waitress didn't listen to our order, she kept bringing us the wrong order. We ordered chicken, she gave us pork. I ordered no ice on my water and she brought me water with ice. Otherwise, food is ok. I just don't think I'll come back anytime soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We wanted ramen for lunch so we went to Tajima. It is busy as usual so we waited about 10 minutes. We had the Tajima and the spicy seasame ramen. They were all very good. We like the wide noodles as it has more texture. We also had good takoyaki and gyoza. Service was fine and food was good. Definitely going back again.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We frequent this establishment for number of years. Food has always been great, service is average until today. The hostess looked like she got a corn up 'you know what '. Ramen restaurants are popping up all over SD now, perhaps time to go where else.